Chapter 6

I awoke with something heavy on my waist.I slowly opened my eyes and I was greeted by a beige ceiling with blinding light coming from a large window. Where am I? I looked at my waist. There's an arm wrapped around it.

            Alas, I was reminded of the whole whirlwind that was yesterday! My father selling me to a stranger, his competitor in the industry. My father's company got bankrupt. This man's my fiance. We almost made love last night. Or fucked. Or whatever.

            I looked at him. He looks so relaxed while sleeping. But I know that when he awakes, it's a different Luke. "Lucas," I tried out his name on my tongue. It sounds... delicious.

            But my whisper woke him up. I saw a pair of coal black eyes looking back at me. "Caterina...," he whispered. I used to hate that name... but I love it on his lips.

            "Caterina," I tried it on my own lips.

            "Yes, that's you, baby." He smiled.

            "I hated that name," I told him. He looked at me searchingly, his coal black eyes asking me why. "It was my mother's name." Why do I feel so comfortable talking to him? I feel like opening up to him is the most natural thing in the world. And gosh, I slept with him on our first night together. "I hated my mother."

            He stiffened. "Go on."

            "Well, I... I caught her... with another man. Not my dad. In our house."

            He kissed my forehead.

            "It was such a bad memory. My dad was out for a business trip and she thought I was sleeping over at Celine's house. But I was not... I went home and..." I sniffed. I can feel the pain, once again, of my mother's betrayal.

            "Hush, baby, it's alright."

            "My dad... That's why I loved him so much. I knew how much it hurt him when he found out about... them. But he forgave her. He was such an angel and... forgave them."

            He untangled from me all of a sudden. The coal black eyes turned cold. "He forgave her... them?"

            I nodded. "But they died in a plane crash afterwards... It was so... horrible."

            Lucas stood up from the bed. "I need to make a few calls." He left the room. Just like that, he's back to being the uncaring, heartless man I knew him to be. I looked at the door where he went out. It was really a bad decision to open up to him. Oh, Bree!

****

#SecretsRevealed ;)

Please vote and comment. Really appreciate to hear my readers speak up about my works.