Chapter 14

Narinig ko siya ng sinara niya 'yong pinto ng kwarto niya at lumabas mula roon. Hindi niya ako hinanap. I just heard his footsteps went up the second floor. I quickly ran inside his room to grab some clothes. Isang white, crisp long sleeves na lang ang isinuot ko and paired it with black jeans and black loafers. Kailangan kong magmadali. Pumasok ako sa walk-in closet at nagbihis. Then, I grabbed a small, black purse. Kinuha ko ang wallet, iPhone, iPad at ang YSL coral lipstick ko saka inilagay 'yon lahat sa purse. Hindi ko na dadalhin ang luggages ko. Mahihirapan akong tumakbo.

Nakausap ko na si Maxon at alam na niya kung nasaan ako. Susunduin nila ako ni Celine sa isang malapit na coffee shop sa baba. Siguradong hindi ako hahanapin ni Luke doon dahil iisipin nitong nagtatago na ako kung saan oras na malaman niyang nawawala ako.

Narinig kong nagbukas ang pinto ng kwarto. Shit.

"Caterina...," tawag ni Luke.

Hinintay ko na lang ng buksan ni Luke ang walk-in closet. Wala na akong lakas na gumalaw pa. After a few seconds, I heard a click and the door opened revealing Luke with just his sweatpants on. Gulat na gulat ito ng makitang hawak ko ang purse ko.

"Saan ka pupunta?" Lumapit kagad sa'kin si Luke at niyakap ako sa bewang. I pushed him away immediately. Hindi ko kayang pakiharapan ang isang manlolokong kagaya niya. Nagawa niyang sirain ang buhay ng ama ko at ng mga empleyado ng kumpanya namin para lang sa pansarili niyang kasiyahan.

"Bitawan mo ko."

"I said, where are you going?" he asked, mad this time.

"W-wala.Maglalakad lang sana..."

"Fuck you! Iiwan mo ko, hindi ba?" bulong nito na halatang nasasaktan. "Answer me, Caterina!"

Tinitigan ko siya. "Yes, I'm leaving. I can't stand you."

Hindi ito umimik. But I can see the pain in his eyes. All of a sudden, he carried me up again and slumped me on his right shoulder.

"Bitawan mo ako! Luke! Ano ba!"

"You're not going anywhere, Caterina." Iyon lamang at nakita kong papataas na kami ng hagdan. Pilit akong nagpumiglas pero mas malakas si Luke. He didn't let me go kahit na anong sipa, sigaw o suntok ko sa likod na bakal nito.

Narinig ko rin ang pagbukas ng pinto at nakita ko na naman ang kwartong iyon where we first made love... Or fucked. Or whatever. Narinig ko ang pagbubukas ng isang drawer. Shit! Alam ko kung anong laman niyon! But it was too late since he was already tying up my ankles together. Pilit pa ulit akong kumawala pero mas mabilis si Luke.

After tying up myankles, he put me down on the bed and locked my hands above myhead. "Please, Lucas, pakawalan mo ko..."

He kissed my neck downwards to my collarbone. "Caterina, I can't... I can't lose you...," he whispered in between his kisses.

I know my body was slowly succumbing to this torture and pleasure but I know that I can't just simply give in to him. I need to set myself free from this man. "No, Luke... Stop!" I screamed.

I caught his attention, all right. He was staring down at me, eyes in pain. "You don't want me anymore?"

How can I say no to those eyes? How? He looks so... hurt... and lost. My voice left me. Slowly, he stood up and untied my ankles. Then, he sat at the edge of the bed with his face buried in his hands.

I was still lying down, unmoved. But I have to leave and stop this. I can't live with a man who did all this to my family. I love him but... I just can't. I needed to get up. So, I did. Unhurriedly. I stood up, fixed myself and my clothes then, reached for my purse that fell on the floor. He wasn't speaking... nor moving.

I slowly inched towards the door, summoning up myself to quickly walk away. I turned back once again to see him still sitting at the edge of the bed. His face was still buried in his hands. My feet moved forward towards the door.Yes, I have to leave now.

"I love you, Caterina...," he whispered faintly.

His words were my own undoing. I quickly turned back to him. He was still sitting at the ege of the bed while his eyes were pleading for me to not go. "What?"

"I love you..." Then, there was silence. "I love you... Before, I was just consumed by revenge. I wanted to avenge my mother and father. I blackmailed your father so he would give me you. He didn't really sell you. I gave him money but it was to help him get a good lawyer, Attorney Fuentes. But that's all. He didn't sell you... I wanted you next because you look just like your mother. I'm done avenging my father when his company fell. Then, I thought why not avenge my mother next... But it was.. different with you. I- I couldn't hurt you, baby...-"

"You what? You fucking wanted to use me to avenge –"

"Caterina, I was wrong! You changed me, baby," and he stood up to try to hug me but I pushed him away once again. I thought I could forgive him. But he tried to use me, too. To punish me for his mother.

"No!I don't want you anymore!" I shouted.

"Babe, please."

"No, I need to get away from you. Just let me go."

He froze, eyes hurt.

I slowly turned away from him and walked out of the room. He didn't follow me. I went to the living area and pushed the elevator's button. I needed to get away from here as fast as possible because I knew that if I stayed for a few seconds, I might change my mind.

He tricked me into thinking that my father sold me so that I won't go back to the Philippines. Now, I have to go back to my dad as fast as I can. The elevator opened finally. But everything happened so fast. He was suddenly next to me, kneeling in front of me.

"Babe, please, don't leave me... I'm begging you..."

No, I can't just leave him. But no, I can't just also not leave him! I needed my father. I needed his explanations. I needed clarity. And I sure as hell won't fucking get it from Lucas. I stepped inside the elevator and pushed for it to close. "I'm sorry, Luke."

The last image of him left to me was his eyes, pleading and hurting and... crying