Chapter 4

Hi! Don't forget to vote and leave comments on this chapter so I'll be motivated to add more chapters! :) Happy reading!

***

I awoke to the feeling of someone's lips on my cheeks. "Baby, wake up."

I slowly opened my lids to see that it was dark already. Night-time. We were on another unfamiliar helipad in an unfamiliar rooftop. "Seattle?" I whispered.

Tumango lang si Lucas at dahan-dahang tinanggal ang seatbelt ko. Nakahinga rin ako ng maluwag sa wakas. Ang higpit kasi ng pagkaka-strap niya sa seatbelt ko. "You're safe here. This is my home."

I breathed deeply then took a quick glance around. It was an empty rooftop with a door on the far right. "First, you have a helicopter. Now, you have an entire building for your home," I sarcastically said.

"I'm filthy rich, baby," he responded and winked at me. "That's why I was able to buy you."

And everything went back to me again. My father selling me and he buying me from him. It hurts... I feel so... objectified. "Why did you buy me?" I finally ask. I knew I caught him off guard.

He looked at me, hard. "Because you're so beautiful."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Lucas, there are a lot of beautiful girls out there. Why buy the only daughter of the man you so obviously hate?"      

"It's you I want," he answered seriously, boring his coal black eyes on mine. "No one else."

Those words brought me back to heaven. The pleasure I felt on my bed when he was on top of me and when I was pinned on the elevator wall went back once again. I felt it in the air around us. "We don't even know each other that much... Why do you want to marry me?"

And all of a sudden, his phone rang. He quickly answered it. "Luke," he said. "Yes, we're in Seattle... Yes... Okay, thank you... Okay, David. Have a good night!" He put his phone in the inside pocket of his suit. "Caterina, we need to get you to bed."

"No, I'm not coming with you unless you tell me everything about my father. You can't just expect me to be sleeping with you here without me knowing about my Dad's wellbeing."

He exhaled. "Alright, baby. If that's what will shut your sweet mouth. We'll talk in my penthouse." He went down the helicopter and moved to my side to help me get out. When I was about to step out, he grabbed my behind and slumped me again on his shoulder.

"Fuck you, Luke!" I screamed when air was almost knocked out of me when my stomach hit his shoulder for the second time today. My legs were once again dangling over his chest with his right arm secured tightly under my ass.

"I just wanna make sure you won't run away from me this time." He caressed my behind for a few seconds. "I love how this feels under my hand."

"Bastard," I hissed but did not fight back. I had enough for a day. I know that I just met him this morning but I am more than comfortable with him touching my ass. I don't know why... Is it the fact that he's my fiancé? After all, we're getting married, right? Or the fact that he bought me and I feel as if he has every right on me, to touch me anywhere he wants to? I know this is all so wrong and fucked up but I kinda sorta seemed to like the idea of him touching me... more often.

We went inside another elevator and he put me down when the doors closed. I saw the stress of today in his eyes as he tried to massage his forehead. "Okay ka lang?"

He looked at me and smiled. "I am, girlfriend."

"You're not my boyfriend!" sagot ko sa kanya.

Nagdilim bigla ang paningin niya. "Sino si Maxon?"

"Maxon?" Naalala ko na naman 'yong kaibigan ko. "Shit, anong ginawa ninyo kay Maxon? Bakit siya nakahiga kanina sa sahig? Anong ginawa ni David?"

Dumilim lalo ang mga mata niya sa mga sinabi ko. "Is he your boyfriend?" Nagbukas ang elevator at bumungad sa amin ang isang malawak na sala. Maraming couch doon at kulay beige halos lahat ng mga kagamitan.

Hinila niya ako papasok ng lugar na iyon na malamang ay ang penthouse niya. Nagsara ang elevator sa likod namin at iniharap niya muli ako sa kanya. "Caterina, is he your boyfriend?"

Umiling ako. "Don't be ridiculous. He's just a friend." Nakita ko ang paghinga niya ng maluwag pagkasagot ko.

"Good." Ngumiti ito ngunit saglit lamang dahil nagdilim muli ang mga mata nito. "Have you had any boyfriends in the past?"

Bakit ba siya nagtatanong ng ganito? Akala ko pa naman si Dad ang pag-uusapan namin. "Well, I had one when I was in high school –"

"Who's the fucking guy?" seryosong tanong niya.

"I can't believe you," sagot ko sa kanya at naglakad na papuntang couch. Pagod na ako ulit at gusto ko ng magpahinga. Bakit ba masyado siyang matanong sa past love life ko.

"Fuck, Caterina, sagutin mo ko!"

I sat on the couch and he followed me, looming in front of me. "Why do you call me Caterina? I'm Abrianna or Bree for short. Just not... Caterina."

"Who's the fucking guy?"

"Grabe, 'di ka pa rin ba talaga nag-gigiveup? Fine, his name is Mikhail. But I don't have any contact with him now. I don't even know if he's still alive for goodness' sake."

Ngumiti muli ito na parang nanalo sa lotto. "Good."

Akmang tatalikod na ito ng umimik ako. "You promised me you'll tell me about dad," I said in a squeaky voice.

He hesitated pero umupo kaagad ito sa couch sa tapat ko. "Are you sure you want to know more?"

I'm scared but I need to know more. Dahan-dahan akong tumango kahit na sumasakit na ang ulo ko. Kailangan kong malaman kung ano ba talagang nangyayari sa Dad ko.

"Leo's in house arrest. Well, after the bankruptcy of your company, the board of directors filed for an investigation and found out that your father stole billions of pesos from the company. Now, he's under house arrest while the court hearings are ongoing."

Napa-awang ang bibig ko sa nangyari.

"He needed money to have a good lawyer and also to live a good life. You see, his bank account's pretty used up for the past months. So he sold – "

"Me to you," I continued for him in disgust. "I don't believe this."

"I don't expect you to." He said and stood up.

"Wait," I said, stopping him.

"Yes?"

I paused for a few moments calculating my words. "You know my mother."

"I told you she's a family friend."

"You know her." I emphasized the word know to let him know that I was pertaining to his usage of the word slut a while ago while he compared me to her.

"Let's just say news about her affairs spread around."

It stabbed me, really hard. After all this time, I knew I hated my mother but I never knew that the fact of her cheating at my dad being shoved at my face will bring back all the pain. I miss my dad. Then, I realized that my dad sold me to him. Does it mean that both my parents were screwed up? It can't be... Who will I trust?  Only Lucas. I stood up and tried to fight back the tears. I cannot look weak. I must be strong! "Where's my room? I am tired."

"Our room's the door on the farthest left. I'll be with you shortly. I just need to do some calls."

Nagpanting 'yong tainga ko ng marining 'yong pronoun na our. "Lucas, where's my room?"

Tinitigan niya ako ng mariin at alam kong alam niya ang ibig kong sabihin. "Caterina, farthest left. I only have one room in  here and that will be our room." Iyon lamang at tinalikuran na niya ako.

Ugh, nakakainis.