Chapter 10

Chapter 9 was privated due to some report issues here in Wattpad. To view Ch9 (in case you haven't), simply follow me on my account. Then, restart the app or refresh the website! Voila! You can view Chapter 9. ;)           

***

 I went into Lucas' walk-in closet. My luggages were on one corner beside the full-body mirror and couch. I quickly grabbed for some walking shorts and a pink knitted sweater. This will do. I found a pair of fluffy, furry, pink house slippers beside my luggages. It still has a price tag on it. I think it's for me. I quickly removed the tag and slipped into it. It's so soft and comfortable.

            After changing, i quickly went out of the master suite. The living area contains my fiance, serious and without emotions on his handsome face. Across him was an old man in his fifties. He looks Filipino. I walked towards them.

            The old man quickly looked my way and gasped. "Miss Abrianna?"

            "Yes, I am," I faintly whispered and settled beside Lucas who pulled me closer.

"As you see, Attorney Fuentes, she looks fine here. I'm taking good care of her. The deal's done. I'm afraid it cannot be undone. Mr. Amancio has made himself clear when he signed the sales contract."

"What is this about?" I asked Luke.

"I'm Attorney Gerard Fuentes, Miss, your dad's lawyer."

"My dad's?" Natulala ako. "How is he?"

"The house arrest has been lifted."

"Really?" I asked happily. "So I can go back to the Philippines now?"

"I'm afraid not, Caterina," Luke's authoritative voice stated matter-of-factly. "I'm not allowing you to go back to your father."

"But why? He says the house arrest has been lifted."

"But the court proceedings are still not yet done, Miss. Everything's still in chaos..." He stared hard at my fiance beside me. "I went here to check on you for your father's sake and, at the same time, talk to Sir Luke.... in private."

I felt Lucas arms release me. "In the library, then." He turned to look at me. "Baby, you can go fix lunch for all of us in the kitchen."

I simply nodded, still dazed. My head's spinning with questions. My father's lawyer is here and the house arrest has been lifted. But the court proceedings... He's never been a dishonest man.

I robotically controlled mysef to go to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. There are pastas in various containers. I busied myself with heating spaghetti and meatballs good for four persons.

My body still seemed like jelly  because of what has happened a few minutes ago. I lifted the sleeves of my sweater and saw red marks around my wrist. It's starting to bruise already. I checked my ankles. There were red marks also because of the rope. How could he have tied me up like... like a slut? I still am mad at him. I'll talk to him as soon as the old man leaves.

A few minutes later, Lucas and the lawyer went down from the library upstairs and joined me in the kitchen area.

"I'll be leaving now, Miss Abrianna, Sir Luke," he announced. "I still have to do  few errands."

"Please, tell my father..." I glanced at Luke quickly. He looks confused. "That I miss him and I'd go see him after everything. Tell him I still love him no matter what."

"I will, Miss Bree."

I smiled and the man turned his back and left.

Luke grabbed his phone in his pocket. "David, Attorney Fuentes is going down. Please make sure he arrives in his hotel safely... Yes, thank you, David."