Chapter 18

I brought Lucas to a salad place across the hotel I was staying at. We picked a table at the corner so I can talk to him privately. I just ordered some healthy chips since I already had dinner while he... well, I think he ordered almost half of the menu. He really is that hungry. 

"Did you even eat lunch?"I asked.

He just shrugged his shoulders as he started digging in his vegetarian burger. He looks like a young man now, lost with no family. He is very far from that selfish, arrogant Lucas that I met weeks ago. Now, he just seemed like he's lost a huge part of himself. 

"Since when have you been here in the Philippines?" I asked him.

"Two weeks ago. I booked a flight as soon as you left..." 

"You don't have to look for me, you know. I can take care of myself." 

He stared at me, hard. "I have to look for you because you are my home now." 

That hit me. I didn't see that one coming. I was left speechless for a moment. Then, I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence between us.

"You don't have to say the same thing, Caterina. If you don't feel the same way, it's okay. But that won't make me stop from trying to get you back."

I nodded. But deep inside, I really don't know if I can ever be happy with him after finding out those... horrible stories. I may have fallen in love with him for that brief period of time. But looking forward, I don't see any future for us. We came from people who destroyed each other. 

"I have to go rest," I said as I stood up.

He instantly looked alarmed. "Wait, can I stay with you tonight?"

"What? Don't you have a hotel to stay in tonight?"

"I do but... I just really want to sleep with you tonight. Please. No funny games, I swear. I'll just sleep... beside you. I haven't had a good night's sleep for weeks now since you left."

This explains the dark circles underneath his eyes. I suddenly became worried of him. I really do love him after all. "Alright. I'm staying just at the hotel across."

He smiled and grabbed my right hand, "Thank you, baby." 

***

I'm staying in a junior suite for one. It was a fairly comfortable space with a sitting area near the door, a couch with a big-screen TV, a queen size bed in the middle of the room and  a little working table at the left side of the bed near the big window. 

"You could have told you were staying in such a crappy room, I could have booked us some place better tonight," Lucas said as soon as he entered my room. 

"You can leave now."

"No, I was just kidding!" He made his voice light, like that of a child. He went to the bed and sat on it. "Let's go to sleep!"

"I just need to clean up. You, take your shoes off and your dirty clothes, too. Don't you have spare clothes?"

"I'll just sleep naked. I'm more comfortable that way."

I was stunned by his declaration. Sure, we've been sleeping the past weeks together and he's always been naked then. How did I forget? But I tried to compose myself as if hearing this was normal for me. "Okay, feel at home." I rushed to the comfort room when he started undressing.

***

TIGILAN NYO KO DIYAN SA MATUTULOG LANG KEME NINYO HA. HINDI AKO PAVIRGIN EARS. WAG KAYOOOO! WAG AKO

VOTE AND COMMENT. Ano? Sex or sleepover? Ano opinion nyo guys?