Chapter 22

(Dipper pov)

Bill carries me out of the school on his shoulder as Kill carries the trophy. We won the battle of the bands and after we got the trophy they both decided to bail. "Bill you can put me down."

"You're no fun sometimes, Pinetree." He sets me down on the ground as he gets in the passenger seat. Kill gets in the driver's seat and I sit in the back with the trophy. "Hey drop me off at Pinetree's house, Kill. I'm spending the night with him."

"Sure, whatever you say."

Kill starts the drive back to my place and Bill glances back at me. "I told you that you would kick ass tonight."

I smile a bit. "Yeah maybe you were right."

Kill stops at my apartment and Bill and I get out of the car. He takes my hand in his as we walk into the apartment and into my room. I lay back on my bed and he lays next to me.

"You have any idea about what you're going to do once you graduate?"

"Um....no actually. I always just figured I would go to whatever university my mom wanted me to go to."

"But you get to choose your own path now."

"I know. But I still don't know what I want to do."

"Me and Kill always talked about traveling around the country to try and make it big with music. Would you be interested in doing that with us?"

"What if it doesn't work out?"

"If it doesn't work we can always come back. But either way we'll be having the time of our lives doing it."

"Hm.....yeah. Yeah, let's do that. Once we graduate let's do that."

"Good." He looks over at the guitar. "Would you be willing to play something one last time tonight?"

"Fine but only because you asked so nicely."

I pick up the guitar and start playing a song I heard on the radio last week.

"We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

I feel Bill rest his head on my shoulder. "Dipper, will you stay with me forever?"

"That's a odd question to ask."

"......I just don't want to lose you like I lost Anthony....."

"What makes you think I would end up like him?"

"When I first started hanging out with you, you always looked sad like you had just given up on the world. Like you were ready to just end everything at anytime. That's why I was always so insitant about being around you. I was scared you were going to do it."

I....I promise not to end my life every." I run my fingers through his hair feeling him relax.