Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Jiwoo

How come none of the people that I know, who can drive, not available at all? I mean I don't mind walking home from the dance studio, it's just crazy how no one happens to be available to pick me up right now. To be fair I do only know like three people who can drive and have a car.

Anyway as you can guess right now, I'm walking home right now from dance, alone. Good thing I know the way home from walking, if I didn't then I would have been stuck in the studio for so long. I don't mind the studio at all, there were times that I had stayed there for most of the day but today Is not one of those days. Today I just want to go home and chill, I'm tired.

I pull out my phone to check the time. Okay so I'll get home at about three o'clock, that's not bad at all. I would still have time to chill before or after doing my homework but lets be honest here, I will definitely be doing my homework after.

As I'm making my way home I start to hear this light sound of music. I begin to turn my head toward the direction of where I think the music would be coming from, is there a party happening in this neighborhood or something like that?

I make my way closer to the direction of my neighborhood and I hear the music get louder. When I finally make it near my block, the sound of the music stays playing around the block.

Someone has got to be throwing a party around here, but like why at this time? Its so random.

I look around but I don't notice any sign of a party on any of the houses I'm passing by. When I go to cross the street I notice a small group of people near the park fence.

There's a party at the mini neighborhood park? Since when was that a thing? The most they do at that park is set up activities for the kids to enjoy.

The small group of people that I see look like they are in high school. I turn my direction toward the park to see what's going on.

When I get there I see that there are a hand full of more people there and they are huddled around watching people doing something and cheering. I can't really see who are in the middle of the large huddle and what they are doing yet so I enter the park and join the group of high schoolers.

Once I joined them that's when I notice what us actually going on here. People are freestyle dancing here, wow this is the first time I'm something like this done in my neighborhood. I wonder what brings them here to this playground all of a sudden.

I immediately join in with the groups energy. Just being around everyone cheering and bumping along with the music is boosting my mood and energy. Watching the dancers enjoy themselves and doing great choreography is giving a slight adrenaline rush, it just looks like so much fun.

But no matter how much I want to, I'm NOT gonna get in the middle. I'm comfortable doing that with the people in my dance studio but not anywhere else is I'm by myself

As I cheer with the crowd and watching the dancers I notice someone fimilar come into the middle. I furrow my brows and stare at him, is he someone I know or just someone who looks like someone I know?

My eyes widen once I realize that it's Jimin dancing in the middle right now with one other dude and a girl. My smile widens as I notice someone from my school's dance team. I make my way closer to the front of the huddle to get a better view of the three dancing.

As I came to the front I heard some people cheer names and I'm guessing they were calling out for the people in the middle cause I also heard some people cheer Jimin so I decided to do the same.

"Woo Jimin" I cheered out in a medium tone so my cheers don't stand out too much but still could be heard around me.

His eyes turn towards my direction and he turns his head when he notices me. His smile grows and he comes over to me, "oh my god Jiwoo!"

I smile big and wave, "hey Jimin."

"Come join us in the middle Jiwoo!" He says with enthusiasm.

My eyes widen and I shake my head, "no no this isn't really my thing, I'm good watching tho."

"Nah Jiwoo I've seen you dance come on!" He insists.

I shake my head even more, "no thank you, I'd really like to watch."

Jimin was about to open his mouth again but I feel two hands gently grab my arms, "Jimin if she doesn't want to go up she doesn't have to."

"Oh alright! Then Jiwoo this next dance is for you!" He says dramatically and makes his way back into the middle, "come on Hyung! Everyone's waiting for you to join!"

He slightly moves me aside and gives me a smile, "this next one's for you then."

I give him a smile and hope that he didn't notice me blushing. I felt my face blushing real hard from the contact of his hands on my arm and what he said to me.

He makes his way into the circle and immediately people start chanting his name and cheering for him.

"It's J-Hooope!" A guy calls out.

I watch and cheer as the two dance together and have fun. Suddenly I feel two hands on my shoulder so I turn my head and look up find my brother behind me.

I slap my hand on my chest, "you scared me!"

"I knew you were going to end up here" he says.

"Well you left me to walk back home and I happened to find this on the way" I say.

He sighs and wraps his arm around my shoulder, "okay come one let go."

"What? Why?" I whine.

"Because mom and dad called and told me when I'm off work I need to make sure you've done all your homework before you go out." He says.

I sigh, "fine."

I look back at into the middle in hopes of making eye contact with any of the two guys, and thankingfully, both of them looked our way. I wave at them so that they know I'm leaving, and I get wave back from them.

"Bye guys, see you guys later!" Hoseok calls out.

Jisung waves back before leading me out of the crowd. We walk back home together, and he just goes through what mom and dad want us to do today.

Basically, just chores and homework done before they come home tonight, which is a little bit before dinner time. We're having dinner late today because our parents are coming home later than usual.

I guess I have more than enough time to finish my homework and chores and still have time to myself to relax today.