Chapter 8

Jiwoo

I tie my shoe laces as I chill at the back of the studio.

"Jiwoo, Changkhyun, Namsoon, and Chaeyeon!" Miyeon, our main dance instructor, calls out for us.

We make our way over to her as she stands in the center of the studio.

"How would you guys like to work together to choreograph a new dance?" Miyeon Unnie says with a smirk. She already knows the answer.

We all answer with surprise and/or excitememt.

This is the first time this year the students are choreographing a dance. We usually follow a dance from them and learn it.

"Do we get to pick our song?" Chaeyeon asks.

Miyeon Unnie shrugs, "why not? Just have fun with it and you guys better impress us"

"We will" I say confidently.

"Oh I like that confidence Jiwoo" Miyeon says before she turns her attention to the the other choreographers to talk with them.

The four of us are the best dancers in this dance company, in the class at least. We are a small dance comany, we are actually more of a dance school. All four of us know the choreographers pretty well and are actually pretty good friends with them.

"Guys let's do a western song" Changkhyun suggests.

"Yeah I was thinking the samething" I say.

Namsoon crosses his arms and watches the choreographers, "I wonder when they are going to take up my suggestion on putting our dances on youtube"

"Yeah I honestly think now is a good time to start that" Chaeyeon adds on to the topic, "a lot of the other students are getting a lot better"

"Let's just stick with their decisions" I say "their the grown ups they probably have a reason"

Everyone else nods and agrees with me. I decide to move on from that conversation, "so what song?"

"Shouldn't we pick what style of dance we are going to be doing first?" Namsoon asks.

"Oh yeah, sorry guys I'm just really excited" I say with a smile.

Chaeyeon links her arms with mine and slightly jumps up and down, "I know me too I can't believe she actually chose us to choreograph the next dance"

"We should do popping" Changkhyun says.

"Why am I not surprised" I say as I cross my arms and smirk at him.

Namsoon mocks my movement and crosses his arms, "let me guess your pick is going to be hip hop isn't it?"

My arms drop from my position, "yeah it is"

"I was thinking a more of maybe a soulful dance like ballet" Chaeyeon suggests.

"Yeah I agree with Chaeyeon" Namsoon says.

"Come on hip hop would be more fun" Changkhyun says.

I throw my arm around his shoulder, "yeah listen to our oppa let's do hip hop"

"Oppa why don't you give others a chance to pick" Namsoon says with an emphasis on oppa.

"Ew don't call me oppa" Changkhyun says and kicks Namsoon.

"Sorry oppa"  Namsoon jokes again and kicks him back.

"Let's stop kicking each other and Namsoon quit calling Changkhyun Oppa" Chaeyeon says "can we decide on what dance we should do"