In between walls

Not edited
A Filler chapter because why not?
TWs: Panics attacks, hallucinations, self harming behaviours.

Aritho's POV

"We should go check up on the youngsters." Kura declared as we walked around the drill. Strange liquid leaked from the drill, the mixture of earth from the wall and water ran down to the ground. Pooling at our feet. We had gotten out of the drill a while ago, right as Azula and her friends went to investigate on what intruders we had in the drill. I knew that Aang and his other friends were entering the drill a while be fore i spoke about it but meh, i am not here to make all of the things easy for the little one.

"Of course, i will be going to the little tiger, i can leave the two others to you?"

"Yes no problem." She made a move to get closer to me but i stopped her before she could do anything. I shook my head as i turned on my heels. I can't let myself slip too early. Even if i really want to, i can't risk it, I can't risk HER. I walk briskly towards the front of the drill. Azula is over there, i can feel her. The two dragons at my side hurry after me. The closer i get the more worried i get, i can feel blood falling on the ground the metallic smell hung in the air around us. Dust falling from the damaged wall and small rocks landed on the ground, small distractions but i felt like we just went back in time.

Flashback

Cries of pain and anger erupted all around me. chaos of fire and earth all merged together. The heat of the battle was rising and on each sides the soldiers were falling. I was fighting off fifteen earth kingdom sildiers. with the ease only I could manage.

Many hours later i came back to camp. I had managed to get to one of the generals home and pulled some info out of them. well at least that is what i will be telling everyone. As i entered camp i could feel the somber mood, It wasn't unusual as we have just lost a very important battle that i could have sworn we were winning but i suppose the table have turned in the last moments. The injured were being tended to and their cries of pain rang in my ears. I will have to go help the healers after i go to Iroh for a débriefing. I entered the big tent but i couldn't feel him there. I frowned, we told each other we would meet back here after the battle. What's Happened? I search the environment and find him in one of the healers tents. Lu ten? where is Lu ten? I can't feel him where is he!? I entered the tent but froze. He's here... I approached the crying form of Iroh, hunched over the laying form of his son. He turned around to face me, his pain turning to anger as his gaze landed on me. Then he snapped. Shouting, screaming at me before completely falling apart. I touched the cold skin of the deceased prince. Dead since at least an hour. A full hour, and i wasn't there. I should have been there! I could have helped him to heal. I couldn't feel him anymore. I never wanted to feel like that again but i was too focused on my own fight. I should've focused harder on the ones around me. I stepped back. I couldn't bear it, stand it.

End of flashback

I hurried to her side, taking softly her hands in mine. She flinched at the contact but didn't move away completely. I bended water out kf the air around us and placed it on her fingers. The healing process was rapid. There wasn't anything that serious, but it was definitely painful. Once her fingers were healed i pulled the bloody water away from her, letting it splash on the ground. I pulled her into a hug, relief washed over me when i felt her breath on my neck. A reminder that i hadn't failed this time. She was alive and i didn't have to bury another one of my children in the ground. I pulled away after a moment, cupping gently her face. I dried the tears that had escaped her eyes, she sniffed before pulling her head away from my touch.

"We need to get inside this damn city, but how. The apparently unstoppable drill got stopped." She muttered under her breath, walking away. Grumbling about the sticky water that was stuck to her shoes. Nalian quickly went by her side pulling her hand to get some pets on the head. Azula mechanically did so continuing to walk away from us. Oyan pushed me gently forward, i turned my head to her and made a move to make her move forward with me. We quickly caught up with the princess. The muttering hadn't stopped, she continued to think over options on how to get inside. I know i said i wouldn't interfere with all of this mission but now i am second guessing. I don't want her to do something reckless. And while i do know that it is a very unlikely thing it still linger my mind.