𝟯.𝟬.𝟮

"So what's your concept for the first round?" I asked the meeting room

"We were thinking something traditional. Like Hwarang," Sangyeon shared.

"Ah," I acknowledged.

"But we don't want it to be full on traditional. We still want to keep the elements we currently have as The Boyz," Haknyeon continued.

"So like the poppy bass. Clicks," I listed some of the things I have used in their music. "So in summary, it's gonna be pop with elements of traditional music incorporated into it," I summarised.

"Yes," the boys replied.

"Do you want a melody line? or just a bunch of well-timed beats," I asked.

"Well-timed beats," Sangyeon said.

"So it's going be an instrumental, solely for dance?" I continued to clarify.

"Yes," they replied again.

"Okay! Then I have everything I need to start on the song," I stated.

"Now, moving on to costume design..." Ms.Kim hosted as she clicked the next slide to see a draft.

From the looks of it, it was a dark blue modernised velvet Hanbok, that made it easy for them to dance and perform what seems like stunts. There is also a back headband for each of them to wear and match.

While she continued to go through the costume drafts, assisted by our in-house designer, Kevin Moon himself, I started to work on the song on my laptop that I was took out earlier to take notes.

"Whatcha doing?" a male voice asked beside me.

"I'm searching to bake a pie," I replied sarcastically, clearly gesturing at my laptop screen; that showed the music production application, opened and ready to be put to work. "What do you think I'm doing, Woo?" I asked.

The boy rolled his eyes as he faced back at Kevin, who was going into detail the type of designs he had planned for each of the member's costume.

"According to the input by the members..." Kevin started.

His voice slowly started to fade as I eventually got lost in my own world - of music, that is. After he was done, and after another round of confirming the due dates of each component, we were dismissed, or so we thought.

"As you may have known... there's a new virus going around," Ms.Kim warned. "As precautionary measures, please wear a mask to the company. If you're dancing or practicing, you may remove your mask. Now, if you want to practice, please book the rooms beforehand, and state how long you will be there. This timing is to be followed strictly, so that we are able to trace everybody who walks in and out for he company," she advised. "Also be reminded to sanitise regularly. We wouldn't want any of us to catch this virus and possibly cause harm to each other's health."

'Thank you Wuhan Virus.' (a/n: if y'all are wondering why it's Wuhan Virus instead of COVID-19, if you can remember, COVID was initially called the Wuhan Virus but they changed it in liek May...(?) so that it won't threaten to the state's tourism :D or smth like that i don't remember :/)

After that, we got released from the meeting room. I was walking down the hallway when zi heard my name being called.

"Soh!"

I turned around to see Sunwoo squeezing between Moonbae to get to me.

"I'll help you with the backing!" he suggested.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "You have ideas?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah! A-a lot of them actually," he stuttered, probably from tiredness.

"Alright then. I'll be here until about 6pm, so feel free to drop by!" I welcomed.

"Definitely! After my measurement taking though," he added.

"Yeah of course! Do what you need first!" I encouraged.

"I will!" he replied, holding up a 'hwaiting' type of fist in the air.

"I'll see you later then!"

"Definitely! Will..." his voice started trailing as we split ways.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

It was about 4pm when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted, pulling out my in-ears.

The door swung open to see Sunwoo, as promised earlier today.

"Sorry, measurement took slightly longer than I thought," he apologised.

"It's fine! You're the one who volunteered to help me. I shouldn't put you on my timeline," I forgave, pointing out the truth of the situation.

"Either way, what do you have?" he asked.

"I have a beat down," I said, highlighting the file so that he could identify it for himself. "After listening to it, I'll probably start adding the traditional instruments."

"That sounds great! Yeah, let me get started then!" he exclaimed, quickly inputting the instructions into his head.

I hummed in acknowledgement before playing the beat that I have so precariously composed in the last hour or so.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

5.59pm.

"Ahh," I let out a frustrated sigh. "Why won't it work??" I asked myself.

"Maybe the time signature is wrong?" Sunwoo suggested.

"It's the most basic time signature, if it's wrong, then I'm Beethoven," I exaggerated.

"That's not entirely wrong," he pointed out.

"Not now, Woo," I pointed out, head in hands. "You know what. It's almost 6pm. We need to leave the studio soon. I'll go back and finish this up," I planned, sharing it with the boy in the room.

"I'll follow you," he stated.

"Follow me?" I asked, taking a double check at what my ears had caught.

"Yeah. I volunteered to help you with the track. I should at least go through with it, and not leave it to you. I didn't do much in the past two hours anyways," he pointed out.

"Don't you have something else to do? Like dance practice or rap practice?" I asked.

"Not at the moment, no," he stated. "So, can I?"

"I mean- if you don't have anything... sure," I allowed.

He gave me a wide smile as he picked up his jacket. I started to close up the studio before leaving together. We took the lift down to ground level and left through the main entrance; not forgetting to wish Ms.Kang goodbye and goodnight at the front desk.

Kang goodbye and goodnight at the front desk