𝟯.𝟮.𝟳

"Kimi no na wa?" the two characters finally meet each other

And that's where the story ends.

"Wait what-" I exclaimed when the ending credits started rolling. "That's it?" I asked.

"That's it," Sohee replied, getting up from her seat.

I felt the warmth from her body slip away. Damn.

"Wait, don't they ever try to remember who the other is?" I asked.

"That's what the cliffhanger is for," the girl says, picking up the empty bowl and her mug.

I let out a groan at how the movie ended. Definitely watching it more often.

"Do you need help with that?" I asked.

"No, it's fine," the girl replied, placing the dishes in the sink. She turned the tap on and sprayed down the bowl and her mug, while I continued to finish mine.

'Okay I'm gonna do it... I have to...'

I walked over to my bag, unzipping the side pocket to pull out the small box. I checked the contents again. It was still there unharmed. She finished washing the dishes and I was about to speak when she beat me to it.

"I'm gonna go put on a hoodie first. It's getting really cold."

"Yeah, sure!" I exclaimed as she disappeared into her room.

I took a seat back on the couch, waiting for the girl to come back from her room. I fiddled with a box underneath the blanket, heart pounding louder and faster than it should. She came out, her door swinging violently. She brought out her water bottle too.

"You're staying over tonight right?" the girl asked, placing her water bottle on the coffee table.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay... you wanna watch something else? Or you wanna go to sleep now? You pre-recorded Gayo Daejeon today right? You must be exhausted," Sohee remembered.

"I..." I started.

'Go for it.'

"I actually have something for you," I continued, bringing out the small box from underneath the blanket. "Since it's Christmas, and they say Christmas is the season of giving," I continued, sitting up straighter.

The girl looked down at the box with her head slightly hung.

"It's not a ring, right?" she asked.

"No," I replied.

'Not yet.'

She took the box in her hands, and opened it. I watched her expression as she pulled out the necklace I bought for her. It was a silver chain with a silver charm. In the middle, there was a hole shaped as a heart. Her hands delicately raised the charm up so that she could see it closer.