𝟯.𝟮.𝟬

"Come in!" the girl answered on the other side of the door

"Can I, hang here? I wanna get away from practice for today," I asked.

"Yeah, of course. No need to ask," she said.

"What're you doing?" I asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"Polishing some stuff up for school," she said.

"Oh, cool," I replied.

"Hey hey. What do you think about a hair dye date?" the girl asked out of the blue.

'Date?' I think my heart jumped from this word alone.

"Hair dye date?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, like the ones we did in High School," she continued.

"Ohh Hair DYE," I realised.

"What- SHDHFHFJ," she let out. "I mean your hair does DIE when you DYE it so," she pointed out.

"True, because it's tested," I played along, pointing to my hair.

Now with the black dye, it looks great on camera. Split ends are unnoticeable, and the frizz too. However, it's a whole different story off camera.

"But I can't dye my hair. I have a comeback in like two weeks," I raised.

"You can still dye my hair~" the girl pointed out.

That was when it clicked.

"Wait are you asking me because you don't want to dye your hair yourself?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not necessarily..." she trailed off.

"Then ask Jae to help dye it for you," I suggested.

"Nooo," she whined. "Jae's picky about the colours I want to dye my hair. He'll say things like 'it's too light', 'it's too dark', 'it's too' something," she complained.

"So you ask me to help you, because Jae is noisy when it comes to hair colours?" I asked. She nodded. "I am finally quiet?! Good god!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yeah, yeah. Now," she brought me back to the topic. "Will you do it?" she asked again.

An opportunity to spend time with Sohee? Of course I will take it.

"Yeah, sure," I replied.

"Great! Are you free today?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Amazing, we can head over to my place after I finish this," she said.

I stood up and pulled a chair beside her. She stared at me confused.

"Two heads are better than one," I stated.

She rolled her eyes and went back the polishing up her assignment.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"Finally!" she groaned leaning back in her seat.

She quickly sat back up to save the project and shut down her laptop promptly after. I went to pick up my own bag that has been forgotten in the corner of the sofa. I turned around to see the girl quickly closing up and turning off the panel and the lights in the studio.

"Let's go!" she exclaimed, quickly heading over to open the studio room door.

The light from the hallway leaked into the room. Sohee exited first. I followed after, closing the door behind me. We took the elevator down as per usual. We greeted Ms.Kang on the way out, getting hit by the cool autumn wind. Sohee quickly stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jeans, trying to keep them warm. It was obvious female jeans were not made to keep hands warm.

"Here," I said, taking one of her hands into mine.

I stuffed her hand and mine into my sweater pocket, hoping to keep at least one of her hands warm enough.

"It's cold tonight," she pointed out obviously.

"Yeah. Next time, bring a larger hoodie," I stated.

She huffed quietly at my nagging.

"Let's just hurry," she stated, pulling me along behind her. "Wouldn't want you to catch a cold. Not when your comeback is so near too," she said, stepping faster.

She couldn't see it but I gave her a small smile at how caring she is. Even if it was meant to cover up her embarrassment, it was still cute knowing she tries to put me before herself.

We reached her house in record time, as she punched in her block code into the keypad. We quickly headed up the stairs, taking the longer route to avoid Mrs.Yang and her shenanigans (because we know where that led to the last time). Sohee opened her door and dragged me in with her. I took out my shoes and my jacket, placing it on the sofa.

"I'll go change and make the dye first . Make yourself at home. You know where to find everything now," the girl welcomed before entering her room.

I was walking around her kitchen, searching for her stash of teabags when I found the window near her kitchen. It was the same one where Mrs.Yang looked through the last time. Out of precaution, I carefully, closed it, hoping to not make too loud of a sound for Sohee to catch me.

I started to boil tea, knowing that dying hair is probably gonna take a while, and that the girl probably needs something to drink as I help her. I took out two mugs. Tearing open the tea packets, I placed a tea bag each into the mugs; peach for her and chrysanthemum for me. I opened her top shelf to place the rest of Sohee's teabags where I had initially found it, when I felt like someone pulled at my neck, from behind me.

"Ah!" I yelped out, holding onto the back of my neck.

"Woo?" I heard the girl call from her room. "You alright?" she asked, peeking out from her room, bowl of dye in her hand.

"Yeah. Just a little muscle tension," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

She shot me a cautious look before dismissing the idea to speak again.

'I should probably get that checked out...' I thought. 'Maybe later...'

The girl came out of her room, two bowls in hand, and a towel placed around her neck. One bowl had bleach, the other held the dye - lilac in colour. The towel around her neck was clearly stained with her past experiences of dying her hair.

"Okay. Ready?" she asked.