5. Nightmares

As the two were speaking Jay was at the door listening to them. He felt cheated, confused all at the same time. He decided not to enter inside the house and sat on the bench in the garden. He had so many things running on in his head. He recalled the past. Even when it was cold outside he doesn't know how he dozed off to sleep. In the morning he found himself inside his room. He tried to recall how he landed in there.
'Hey, it's cold outside. Go and sleep in your room' Sarah told him while he was on the bench. 'who are you? Why are you here?' jay asked her. ' who I am doesn't matter! I'm here for granny. She must come with me. But I might need your help. Will you help me?' Sarah confessed in the most gentle way she could. ' are you kidding me.' he replied next he remembered some white wings like feathers and he flew to his room.
He came back to reality. ' i wasn't even drunk, why then am I imagining things. This can't be real. How can she have feathers? I must be dreaming. But right then he noticed a few feathers on the window sill.. aaaaah' he wanted to disappear. ' Can this even be real?'

Throughout the day he pretended he didn't know anything, he doesn't remember anything. Almost a week passed. Sarah tried to approach him but he kept ignoring her. Maybe he was afraid to hear it, had he seen it coming?

'Granny, you are my senior. We all require you. I can't go without you, you know you're needed.' Sarah spoke so softly she wanted to cry out but she knew it was of no help.

' you know, I won't come with you, I just can't. Not without knowing the reason I failed. And also, I can't leave him. When I know it's my fault. It was my last mission I failed. I can't just let him be on his own. I need someone by his side. ' Granny replied in a peaceable yet steady tune. This Sarah couldn't deny. But she didn't know the exact details of the mission. She too was curious to know what was happening in this house. But she couldn't inquire about her seniors. How could she, she had been in the community of angels for like six years and Granny's mission took place before her joining. She sighed. She had been waiting for Jay for three whole hours but since Jay discovered the feathers that night, he's been ignoring her. She dozed off to sleep on the sofa and a weird dream which she had been dreaming about since these six years knocked her sleep again. It was a car accident of three people. This dream would always leave her restless. But this time she saw a signboard of 'Thanks for visiting Elpida.' This made her wonder. Did she know this place before in her life as a human? Why all this was appearing before her eyes? She kept thinking about it. Confused whether she should try to find about her human life or not. Whether she should commit the sin of exploring her past or not? Deep down inside her heart, she wanted to know who was she? Who were her parents? Did she ever have a family?  How did she die? But she knew once she would unravel the mystery she might regret. She would've to pay for it.

______________________