4. Unravelling Mysteries.

The next morning Jay woke up to the noise of utensils, ' stop, stop!' he begged in sleep, he heard some laughs, he opened his eyes as sun rays fell on his eyes, he recalled what's happening in the house. He went up and rushed to the kitchen. He saw Sarah and Granny cooking together with joy and zeal. It had been a long time since Jay had seen Granny grinning like that. He smiled to himself. Sarah was gazing at him, all this while. Seeing him smile is a rare dainty. Lucky her. But Jay caught her gaze. And as their eyes met she started staring at the ceiling.

'umm, what are you doing, so cheerfully Granny?' Jay spoke as he entered in.
'making poison for you! My child.' Granny grinned.
' that means I'm not gonna live longer than you, that's good! Who wants to grow old.' Jay playfully replied as he sat at the dining table. And Granny patted him as she sat beside him. ' Sarah, my girl! You make amazing food, come and sit with us.' Granny asked Sarah to join in. The three had their breakfast. And the day passed by.

While Jay was on his way home, he again noticed the twinkle in the sky. He felt as if the twinkle was following him. But he sighed. He might be imagining things. As he reached home. He saw the twinkle entering before him. He had enough of it. But now the illusions he's seeing were making him go mad. He decided he might need to go to a doctor. As he went in he saw the twinkling shine assemble and then he saw Sarah appearing. He thought it must be an illusion ' how can this be possible? ' Sarah heard him speaking to himself she rushed into her room. She was very much disturbed. 'what if he saw me? just now. Sarah how can you be so careless.' she couldn't help but overthink and overthink. She thought this time she was done for real.

Meanwhile, Jay still couldn't believe his eyes. He went straight outside. 'what if she is a ghost? How could she do that? How is that even possible? She's not a human. I'm sure. She's not! How can she even be Daisy Aunt's daughter? She's surely conning Granny into believing so.' his thoughts went from south to west, back and forth as he kept moving anxiously in the garden.

Sarah on the other hand was caught red-handed. She couldn't make up stories either. She went to Granny 'he saw me shifting, will I be cursed? I don't know how to even begin my mission now. I just need you to come with me. After all this how will I persuade him now?' she said in one go. Granny wasn't even surprised. ' I came here to look after him, after all the faults I created. He is behind me still counting on my days here. How can I leave him and go with you? You need to find someone to accompany him only then will I leave.' Grany explained in a calm and cold tune. Did she know who Sarah was in reality?
'Now he knows about me? How will I cover it up? ' Sarah spoke gently as if she would be sentenced for disclosing her identity.
' maybe he knows it now because you cannot hide the truth all the time. I've been beside him for this long. I never was pointed, but I suppose he knows it all.'  Granny sighed after letting it out. But continued ' Don't stress nothing bad will happen to you. You did no wrong.'

_____________