10. Moments become Memories

' I'm sorry, all these years I never told you, anything even when I knew it all. I'm sorry Jay.' Granny apologized softly.

'it is not your fault. It was meant to happen. It's okay. That day was the time-lapse. I knew everything. I've heard you speaking, confessing when I  was asleep. It's not your fault. I wanted to tell you, you never did anything on purpose. Don't blame yourself. Please.' he comforted her.

' You.. you heard me all the time?'

'Not all, but many times.'

Granny felt the aches in her heart, at all the times, whenever felt guilty, she would go to Jay's room and say sorry while jay was asleep.

' Jay, even though I'm an angel, I'm supposed to not harm anyone, I'm supposed to never interfere with humans. But I hurt you, I also hurt Sarah. You, my child, are better than any angel could be. Ten years ago, When I found you, I got you as my mission, to look after you and see what I did wrong, and to find the drawbacks of the wring I did. You are my last mission. I destroyed your family, I troubled Sarah. I'm no good..'

Jay didn't let her finish ' I won't hear that nonsense. You are my best granny who makes the best food. You did no wrong.'

' Now don't tell me you are staying up till the dawn and worry over what happened all these times.
Go and get some rest.  Got me?' Jay accompanied her to the room and made sure Granny would sleep.

The next morning, when Sarah woke up, Granny and Jay were ready with breakfast to brighten her up.
They had breakfast without talking about the weights putting all the three down.

Jay asked Sarah to come with her. He took her to the forests. Both recalled their childhood, how they would run after frogs, catch butterflies. After reminiscing, Sarah asked Jay that wants to meet her dad for the last time.
Jay nodded and the two took off to the Old Man's House as they knocked on the door he came to answer it.

'it is you two, you kids are strange. What can I do for you?'

'uncle, she came here to apologise for yesterday.' Jay replied.

'oh, wow you kids know how to apologise? That's nice. Come inside. '

Sarah went inside without wasting a second. She spoke 'Sir, I'm sorry for yesterday. As an apology please take this.' she gave him his favourite Pink Carnation flowers she wanted to tell him, she's his daughter but she knew what was coming, it was better to stay put.
The old man asked the housework to get some snacks and tea for them.
Sarah enjoyed spending time with his father even when it was short she knew she would cherish it million times.

__________________