3. Guest.

The girl was not fazed a bit, as Jay entered. But tension could be seen building up on Granny's face. Silence surrounded the three. Jay was curious to know who the girl is. He recalled all the uncertain events but then he thought ' she's a human, how can that be, no magic can be done, right?' to himself, 'maybe I'm just overthinking.' Soon Granny spoke and the silence broke.
' Jay she's.. she's a relative of mine. Don't worry, she's here to look after me.'

' look after you? ' Jay seemed worried as he asked this. He paused and continued. ' what's wrong with you Granny ' he went near granny ' are you alright, why didn't you tell me instead, you know I'm here for you.' he was about to ask so much more, the thought of granny being ill and this mysterious girl looking after her instead of him, made him feel less important. Granny to him was everything, no matter what happened in the past.

'Jayy' granny softly called his name as she tried to console him. 'nothing is wrong with me, this old lady won't leave you easily. It has been years since she and I last met. She's here cause she missed me' Granny tried to explain as the girl nodded.

All this time the girl was standing there, unfazed but now she spoke.' Yes, I'm here Because I couldn't locate Granny for a long time. She's fine don't worry.'
Jay ignored her as if it didn't matter who she is. And raised his eyebrow as an answer.
'Jay, that's not how you treat people!' Granny noticed him. 'okay, okay!' he just ignored it all. ' I'll get you guys food then, you talk. ' he smiled and went into the kitchen.

The kitchen was fragrant with a spice smell. Of course, granny makes the best food. He just took the utensils and made the dining table.
' Granny, come let's have food. ' he called them. Granny and the Girl appeared together. Again silence draped their space. Granny knew Jay isn't feeling comfortable about the girl in white. 'Jay, this is Sarah. Remember Daisy, my friend she's her daughter.' She again broke the silence. ' Daisy Maa, the one who made you chocolates. '
' oh, I remember. She has been out of touch for a long time now. ' Jay said while munching on the food.
' Yes, she's been busy with life lately. She sent me here to check on Granny. She was concerned.' Sarah said.
Jay was about to raise his eyebrows but Granny's stare stopped him, ' oh, great.' he replied without even looking at her.

The three finished their dinner and Granny asked Jay to prepare the guest room for Sarah. Jay didn't wish to indulge with her. But how could he refuse Granny? So he just followed the orders.

'Your room is ready, let me lead you.' he said in a conserved tone. Sarah nodded, she could sense the isolation she was being seated in by Jay. But it didn't bother her. She went to the room and Jay left. He straight went to Granny.

'Granny!! How long is she staying?' he asked.
' Few months.'
' Few months?!' he exclaimed.
' Jay, stop behaving like a toddler. She's not here to eat you up. It's getting late, go and sleep.' Granny said in a stern tone. Jay couldn't respond.
' ahh, okay, goodnight ' he murmured.

___________