6. Back stories.

Sarah never reached any conclusion. She badly wanted to know but she couldn't muster up the courage to.

It was another day she was waiting to catch up with Jay. It had already been more than twenty days. She would wait for him till midnight and he never showed up until morning. But today it was different Jay came back home earlier than expected. Sarah was already at the door. She had just less than two months to complete her mission. Today she was going to speak to this person no matter what. As Jay entered the house she blocked his way in. Jay was in a rage, he was irritated by Sarah. All he wanted was to make her leave the house. He glared at her his eyes were speaking the harshest words. ' What do you want, just leave my house! .' Sarah was quick-witted. She just told him ' listen to me once and I'll leave. I promise. '
Jay has had enough of this girl, He was troubled by her presence now.

' Spill it out, but this is the last time I'm listening to you. Remember! '  Jay directly reacted.

Both went back to the garden Jay sat on the bench waiting to hear her.
' I... I am not a human. Neither granny is.'
Jay looked puzzled but he kept silent. As if he knew it all.  The silence Sarah thought was a way of him telling her to go ahead and speak.
' Her last mission were you. I don't know the details. But she failed the mission. Since then she's been by your side. But our world is different she can't stay here forever. We need her. She needs to go back. I'm here to get her back. '
Jay was listening to her but he again chose to remain silent. Instead of responding to Sarah, he walked out of the garden and then the gate. When Sarah heard nothing she turned around. Only to her surprise, Jay was missing. She saw him at the gate and ran towards him. She could've used her powers but she knew it was wrong to display them like this. While she was following Jay she came across the board ' Thank you for visiting Elpida.' all that was inside her head started rewinding. The accident of hers. The girl was her. This was where she died. Her nightmares had a backstory, tears came out of her eyes. But why did she exactly die?  She recalled her past... She was dying there in the dark this was when she saw Granny for the first time. The boy beside her. She knew him. Was he.. was he Jay? The couple riding the car. They were Jay's parents. Her favourite uncle and aunt. This all was so much for her that she collapsed. This was also the first time since she became an angel she lost consciousness. Her hands became invisible to visible. This all was so scary to the eyes and disturbing too. 'Mumma' she screamed. And fainted.

Jay was walking just a few metres before her. He heard the scream and looked back and found her on the road lying.

__________