13. Meeting at Twilight

When Sarah opened her eyes, she found herself in a hospital bed. When she looked around she saw heavy machines and a sister, who when noticed Sarah moving her fingers called the doctor.
As the doctor came in, Sarah wondered what is happening why is granny there. How can she be there, she didn't know how to respond to the situation going on around her.

'Dr Maya she opened her eyes and moved her fingers just at 6:45 pm exactly five minutes before you came.' Sister told the doctor.

'okay, call her parents and get these tests done.' Dr Maya asked the sister, to which she nodded and left the room.

' How are you feeling now? ' Dr Maya asked Sarah.
Sarah still couldn't grasp what was happening. She finally spoke ' Granny ' and Dr Maya smiled 'oh dear, don't take the dreams seriously.' Sarah zoned out thinking if all that was a dream but how does the doctor know about it. The doctor helped her straighten up. ' Child, some things are bound to happen. But when you try to decide your fate, things take a different turn. ' Dr Maya spoke.
Sarah couldn't get anything she was saying, 'what do you mean?' she asked strangely.

' your will to live took you to your destiny but the things that you were meant to experience. You experienced all of them, here lying on this bed.'

'i must tell you, you are lucky enough for having this courage. It has been more than 5 years since you are here. all the things you experienced in the dream was the life you should've lived.'  she paused and smiled partying Sarah's hair.

'Many prayed for you deep in their hearts, and your will to live never betrayed you.' the doctor continued.  Sarah was finally getting it but it felt weird to believe her.

'Take care of yourself, and don't ever take anything for granted.' after saying this the doctor disappeared as if she wasn't even there.

Sarah looked around in confusion. And the door to her room opened. 'Janvi!! You're finally awake my angel.' it was Chhaya. Sarah smiled. It was her name she wasn't used to it.
Sarah tried to speak, but Chhaya didn't let her. 'sssh, I know you are dying to speak, you've been on silent mode for such a long time but now you need rest darling. Here, I got you some soup. Let me help you with it.'
Chhaya made her drink the soup 'Well, everybody is on their way to meet you. My house happens to be around here so I came first.' Chhaya winked. 

Sarah wanted to ask her about Jay, she wanted to know if he's okay. And the door of the room opened again. 'oh here he's, kiddo you were being missed even when I was here.' Chhaya joked. Even in times like this, she's the only one in the family who can do such things.

Jay who just entered the room didn't give much attention to his sister showing her jokes were not funny. But on the inside, he was happy that Janvi remembers him.  He checked her out and asked her. 'Are you feeling fine?'
Sarah smiled as she nodded.
Right after Jay's parents and Sarah's Father reached the hospital. Sarah was finally out of the comma after five whole years. Sarah's father couldn't hold his tears today.

After a week Sarah got discharged from the hospital. But she still was under medication. Jay would visit her every day. Sarah wanted to tell him about the long dream but she wondered if he would believe her.

It was a dinner party to celebrate Sarah's good health. Jay was moving around the house and came across a diary the cover was fascinating. Everyone was busy preparing dinner, he knew it was wrong to go through somebody's things but he couldn't stop himself to go through it.
It was Sarah's diary. She had written this these past days. It had all the dreams and things about the beautiful trio herself, Jay and Granny. When Jay read it. He felt voids in his heart, he felt strange emptiness. He couldn't deny anything, he felt something inside him missing. He ran down the stairs to the garden looking for Sarah but he came across Granny. Granny smiled at him. 'You are amazing.' and disappeared.
Sarah who was looking for Jay inside came running towards him.  When Jay saw her approaching he ran to her and hugged her.

_________________

Woah! I made it to the end, if you read this I hope you enjoyed the ride into their lives. Do leave your reviews.

And, thankyou thankyou so much for reading this.

Love love.♡