Chapter Nineteen

Elain stood there. Her sight in her left eye had come back, the moment Titus had crushed Luciens own left eye. She looked towards Luciens brother. She knew he was cruel, but she still couldn’t believe he had just cut his brothers eye out. The metal one or not. Titus had done so without any hesitation.

She watched as Lucien sat there, blood dripping down his face, onto his clothing. She could see, and feel as he was slowly losing his consciousness.

“It’s a shame no one want’s you around.” Titus had said, looking at his brother with disgust. Elain couldn’t believe it. She knew she had hard times with her sisters, but this was insane. This was, this was evil.

“I do.” She spoke up.

She felt fear, as she watched Titus turn and look at her, through the two sets of bars.

“Well, he’s about to die. I could get a healer in here, make sure he doesn’t, but he’s too lost to the insanity, insanity you caused by the way, that I doubt he would allow a healer to touch him. The only way to heal him is if you accept the mating bond between you two.” Titus had said, with a cruel glint in his eye.

Elain stood there, completely shocked, if it weren’t for the two guards who had kept her there, making sure she hadn’t looked away, she probably would have lost her footing. “He- he- he won’t eat anything I make though.” She said, looking towards Lucien.

“Don’t be an idiot. Does it really look like he has it in him to fight against anything right now?” Titus asked, before snapping his fingers. Then, one of the guards let her go, only to leave her cell, and come back with a tray with a single piece of bread, placing it infront of Lucien, and some butter. The other guard dragging her into the other cell, as Titus left the cell.

“I’d decide what you want to do quickly, because, by the looks of him, I’d say he has about ten minutes.” Before walking off, stopping just out of sight.

Elain stood there. Now that she knew what her giving him food meant, did she really want to do that? But the alternative was him dying. She saw him right here, she could feel as he was slowly slipping away.the feeling within her soul, a feeling that terrified her. It left her feeling empty like she had never imagined. Bare. She hadn’t thought this was what it would be like to lose someone she had never allowed herself to get to know. And if he were truly gone? If he died?

She stepped up to the tray,, and slowly buttered the bread, her sand shaking, as she knew there would be no turning back from this once it was done. Once she did this, there was no turning around. But, the fear she had of the mating bond itself, was no where near as great as the growing dream she was feeling at the fear she was feeling at the growing emptiness inside her, as she felt it growing larger with each passing second.

Putting the butter down, with her shaking hand, a tear fell, and landed on her hand. She hadn’t realized she had been crying when had she started crying? She didn’t know.

Elain slowly picked up the piece of bread, and stepped forward to Lucien, and lifted his face. She pushed his hair from his face.

“Lucien? Lucien, please wake up.” She said, looking at his face, feeling her heart break more as she saw more blood pour from the wound in his eye socket. “Lucien, please. You need to eat something. Please, just have this piece of bread and butter. Please.” She said, moving more of his hair.

Closing her eyes, and pulling his face to her shoulder, trying to keep herself from crying more. “Please. I know I have no right to ask you, especially after how I’ve treated you, I know I have no right to ask you to stay, but please Lucien. Come back. Stay. Please. I need you to stay. I want you to stay.” Elain said, her voice starting to break, as she couldn’t control herself anymore, and was freely crying now.