Muse

Tears begin to flood your vision. You refuse to look away, even for a second. The fear of missing a single moment stops you from even blinking.

The pain flowing through your body is almost too much to bear. You were used to pain from your soul mirror, but this pain was different.

Your heart was breaking. Breaking in a way you thought it couldn't anymore.

Each note vibrating through your body, each lyric feeling like a white-hot knife in your chest.

Lies. These were all lies. Violent and nauseating lies, only being said to serenade the hearts of millions. But not yours, each lie to violate your senses, to throw your whole being into a spiraling pit of torment.

This song should have been for you. The colours, the yellow balloon, the stars, and planets. However, reality had a way of mocking you because you knew better. You knew better than anyone that these weren't his real feelings. If he could choose, he would choose to never have a soulmate. The hate he had for the Kosmos bonds was forever weighing on your chest.

It was so pretty, but that's all it was. Just pretty words. That meant nothing.

You're holding your breath through the whole 2 minutes and 31 seconds. Unable to focus on anyone else in the room; unable to notice the set of eyes staring holes into the side of your head. Your blood feels like ice running through your veins. You would give anything to be able to run, but you're frozen in place. By the frost creeping...pulling you, willing you down.

You quickly wiped away any tears that had escaped your eyes. Regaining yourself as the lights turn back on.

Positive comments and congratulations erupt into the once quiet room. All eyes falling to Jimin.

Except for yours and Yoongis. Yoongi continues to stare at you while you stare at the thumbnail of the video. Thankfully you're standing in the back of the room, sneaking in at the last minute as you had bolted here from a meeting that you had just attended. Before anyone notices you, you slip out of the loud room, away from the cheers. You aren't sure where you're trying to go; the image seared into your mind. You pull your cardigan tighter to your body, hugging yourself. Turning down hallway after hallway trying to escape.

"Y/N?" An out-of-breath voice called behind you. You stop, recognizing the voice.

You couldn't turn to face him, you couldn't bring yourself to respond, afraid of the rising emotions inside of you.

Unexpectedly a hand comes out and grabs your wrist, pulling you along down the hallway into an unused conference room. You are gently ushered into the room as the door locks behind the both of you.

Still unable to face him, you hear him whisper. "I'm sorry."

You turn to him, quickly wrapping your arms around his torso, your face in his chest.

You feel him still for a moment then relax. Wrapping his arms around you, resting his chin on your head.

You almost can't believe what happens next. The sound you make almost sounds like it isn't coming from you. They're hollow, empty, void of any actual emotion.

You laugh. You can't stop it. You laugh harder, which causes Yoongi to hold you closer to him.

Cold climbs your legs, you can almost picture it grabbing hold of your clothes as it ascends. Then the tar-like hands pull and your legs finally give out, Yoongi catches you in time, lowering you gently to the ground. You're still laughing, unable to breathe from laughing. You're losing your mind, driven insane. You feel as though you're sitting in a puddle of ice water, limbs frozen, unable to move while the older male holds onto you for dear life. He's whispering things in your ear, you can't tell what they are. Was it because he was speaking too quietly or was it because the cold was deafeningly so?

Eventually, the laughter stops, and you can hear him better now in the silence.

"You're not alone Y/N."

"No matter what you have Tae and I."

"We're here for you."

You blink several times in rapid succession, blinking yourself away from focusing on the cold and discomfort of your soulmates MV and onto the man in front of you.

"You have warmth." You mumble, thoughts escaping from your mouth. You take his hand in yours, examine it, intertwining your fingers together. You smile at him.

"Not as warm as Jimins, or even Taes...." You tilt your head in wonder. Have you ever felt this heat from him before? "But still warm."

He stares at you for a moment, and then his hand which is still intertwined with yours, then you again. He lets out a small sigh, smiles at you, and reaches his other hand to cup your face. You lean into his touch and close your eyes.

"I've always been warm, you've just never noticed." He scoffs and flicks your forehead.

You place both your hands over the place he flicked, trying to ease off the pain. Glaring at him.

"Ow! What the h-" You bark.

"C'mon you, let's get you some food." He rises offering you his hand. You eye him suspiciously and pout.

"Only if it's [your favourite food]." You huff.

Chuckling he extends his hand again.

"Deal."

You smile in victory, grabbing his hand.

He's not sure what just happened and he's not sure how to go about asking you. So as you walk with him to get lunch he decides he'll discuss this with Tae first. In a couple days they have a soundcheck for one of the top tv music festivals in Korea, which they had to focus on, but after that they would confront you. They'd have to do it together to get anything through to you at this point. Yoongi's gut was telling him something, something he doesn't want to listen to.

You bound over to Jungkook, who you spotted on your way. You ask him if he wants to join the two of you for lunch, to which he agrees. Yoongi stands waiting by the front door for you. He watches you, because that's all he feels he's able to do...

Because you might be too far gone for them to help you.