Coral Reef - Ending 2/3

The whole ride back to the dorms, his knuckles have gone white from holding the steering wheel like a vice. Something is wrong with you, he can feel it in his gut.

"Where is y/n?" He desperately needs to find you, rushing into the dorm room, Mi Young panicked behind him.

"Um, she said she had a phone call to take, but I don't know where she is now. Why?" Yoongi notices the panic in Taehyung's face, realizing something is seriously wrong. "Why Tae?"

Taehyung runs to the bedrooms, taking a quick look inside and then coming back out, he looks around wildly at his soulmate and members.

"Does anyone know where Y/N went?!" He practically yells at them.

"No, what's going on?" Jin jumps in the kitchen.

"Something's wrong." He barks.

"Wha-" Hoseok starts.

Taehyung makes eye contact with Yoongi, compelling his hyung to understand the urgency.

"She's not picking up her phone." Mi Young exclaims. Eyes as wide as they can get, Yoongi stands up.

"Guys, everyone split up!" Yoongi takes over. "We need to find her NOW."

Everyone eyes each other, confusion running deep. They didn't have time for this.

"MOVE IT!" He screams. Everyone breaks into action.

💜♾💜♾💜

Eyes fluttering slightly open, all you see is gold dust. It could be regular dust in the air, catching the light of the lamps above you, but you can't quite tell. Warmth radiates through your body and you feel content with lying there forever. Something twitches against your left palm, you give into curiosity as your eyes crack open a little more over to your side. There appears to be a figure hunched over your bed, sleeping by its side, hand in yours. The warm fog makes it hard to clearly see who it is. The gold dust swirls delicately around them and then floats off to the room's door. Almost like it wanted you to follow it. The warmth in your hand twitches, you know this warmth.

"Tae." You manage a whisper. He shoots up instantly. Eyes unadjusted, body trembling, he looks at you. Tears slip down his face, hooking on his jawline.

"I promised, didn't I?" You exhale softly chuckling. Your body is still heavy and the gold dust lingers at the door.

"Yea, you did Firefly." Tae's muffled words linger in your hair as he now hugs you. "You did promise."

As he helps you to sit up, the golden haze still surrounds you.

"How long-" You start.

"2 weeks."

"Jimin-"

"He's ok. A little shaken up, extremely apologetic, but ok."

You breathe a sigh of relief. But somehow knowing Jimin is ok, isn't as much of a relief as you thought it would be. You frown.

"My soul mark?" You ask.

"Gone. No more yellow balloon." He informs you, nodding. You look around the room, unsure. You're happy the balloon is gone, and that Jimin is ok. But something feels wrong. Something is missing.

"Where's Yoong-" Unable to finish your sentence, you feel as though you have plummeted into the ocean. Not cold, slightly warm, but you're still able to breathe. Your lungs inflate with air you didn't know you needed.

"Y/N!" Taehyung grabs a hold of your arm to steady you. "What's that?"

Following his gaze down to your left collarbone, there's a shape forming. It doesn't look like anything you've seen before. 3 blue lines. One coming from the junction of your neck and shoulder about halfway out, stopping and turning straight up to the top of your trapezius, and another extending from the middle of that line out to the end of your shoulder.

You and Tae look at each other, confusion evident between the two of you.

"Is this another-" You are completely awestruck. Another soulmate mark? How? Having a second chance soulmate has only ever been seen twice in history.

"But who-?" Taehyung begins, but he's cut off by a loud banging outside your hospital door. It slams open with a heavily breathing Yoongi hunched over.

"Yoongi? What are you-" Your eyes lock with his.

And suddenly you're under the ocean. Standing on the soft sandy floor, the sand almost looks like...gold dust. It shimmers and floats up when you wiggle your toes. You smile to yourself. Standing on a flat plain, you're surrounded by large coral reefs. Fish swimming in and out of crevices. Schools of fish above you, create shadows on the sandy surface around you. Your body is luminescent in the dark tone of the water. Glowing a soft golden, the same glow you notice, as one moving around the other side of the reef.

For the first time, your legs don't feel like they're full of lead. You walk towards the glow, the other glow also slowly making its way to you. A bigger smile spreads across your face as it nears, reaching out your right hand as you are so close to it. A hand appears out of the opposite glow, fingers interlacing with yours. The glows and golden dust now matches intensity. You look at his face and everything becomes almost too bright.

When your eyes once again connect you are thrust back into your hospital bed, Yoongi still standing at the door.

"Did you two just?" Taehyung, unable to finish his own sentence, starts to laugh. Walking over to his hyung and swinging his arm over the olders shoulders "Now you're stuck with your chaperones for LIFE."

Taehyung pushes his hyung towards you before, excusing himself and shutting the two of you in your hospital room alone.

"Well, I didn't expect this." Yoongi stands awkwardly near you, hand rubbing the nap of his neck. Worry playing on his face as he stares at the floor.

Cocking your head to the side, you take note of the golden haze surrounding him. Swirling at his feet. You smile.

"You were always warm." You chuckle softly. His face turns a light shade of pink, recalling his own words.

You pat the side of your bed, the side Tae had been occupying. He shuffles over to the bed, taking a seat next to you. Warmth rolls over you. The closer he is, your body begins to regulate itself again. You hold your hand up, allowing him to instantly intertwine your fingers. The lingering cold recedes further until only your toes remain frostbitten. You both let out a deep contented sigh of relief, as you lean your head against his shoulder. You feel his breath on the top of your head before he leaves a comforting kiss in your hair.

Finally, you are able to feel your toes again.