Chapter 5

(Dipper pov)

I groan softly as I slowly peel my eyes open. At first I can't recognize where on earth I am until it all hits me and I instantly recognize this as the throne room in his fearmind. I hastily sit up clutching the front of my jacket hoping this was nothing but a bad dream.

"About time you woke up."

I look towards the voice and see a giant Bill, sitting on a throne of stone townspeople one again. Gulping I get to my feet and slowly start back away as I look around trying to think of a way out.

Before I can move he picks me up in his giant hand, holding me with my arms pinned to my sides. "L-Let me go!"

"You should really watch your tone, especially considering your situation." He squeezes me slightly, it not much but still enough to hurt and make me cry out in pain. "But if you really insist." He opens his hand letting me fall as I scream, grabbing at air.

I land in his palm it feeling like all the air just left my lungs, my body trembling. I look towards him hearing him laughing. "Oh man that was priceless." I say nothing trying not to focus on how high up he held me. "....Are you afraid of heights?"

"N-No..."

"Okay." He tosses me up and catchs me, doing this a few times.

"S-Stop please!" He finally stops as I grip onto the leather of his glove, my whole body trembling and shaking.

"Jeez you really are terrified of heights aren't you?"

"Um....e-ever since the thing with the Gideon bot, I wasn't a huge fan of....of being in high places....."

"What about stairs? You still scared of those?"

"No....not anymore at least..." Shakily I push myself onto my knees as I look up at him. "Why am I here? The deal was you keep me from having nightmares, not kidnap me."

"Yeah well for me to keep my end of the deal I need you here."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't just snap my fingers and make the nightmares go away. I have to be there next to you when you first go to sleep to make the bad ones go away and I can't exactly do that at the shack so I brought you here."

"That....Th-that wasn't...."

"You said for me to make the bad ones stop. This is how I'm doing it. Besides I need you for something else as well."

"What are you talking about?"

He sets me on the arm of his throne. "You ever wonder why I never left Gravity Falls?"

"I just thought you enjoyed tormenting everyone here."

"I do. But I also enjoy tormenting everyone else. The only reason I didn't leave is because I can't." He holds out his hand and a hologram of the town appears with some kind of dome barrier around it. "It's a barrier that keeps all weird things inside. I can't break it."

"What makes you think I would know how?"

"You don't know how. But Ford does. So you're going to get the solution from him. "

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I can make your living situation here much better if you do."

He grabs me by the back of my hoodie and sets me on the floor before he rises from his throne shrinking himself down to normal size. He steps over to the giant triangle shaped opening that lead outside. He gestures for me to follow him and I slowly go standing by his side.

"I'm not going to treat you like an animal or keep you in a cell. You helped out me and my henchmaniacs in a huge way, so you'll have your own room and be treated respectfully. But if you get the solution from Ford, then everyone around here would treat you like royalty."

"Even if I wanted to, I don't know how. Ford would never just tell me it, especially since he knows I betrayed him to help you." I look down at my hand seeing it's bandaged. "Did you-"

"Stitch and bandage the cut on your hand? Yes indeed I did. Like I said, around here we take care of our own." He steps off the doorway onto nothing but air yet he keeps walking like it's nothing.

He holds out his hand to me. "I can't....I'll fall...."

"I won't let you. Promise."

I look down gulping nervously before looking back up at him. Slowly I reach out grasping his hand and take a step. To my surprise I don't fall. Bill pulls me closer before gesturing to the land outside of Gravity Falls with his other hand. "We are both meant for greater things then this, Pinetree. You know it and I know it. You help me and we both will go farther in this life then ever before."

"Thought I found a way
Thought I found a way out (found)
But you never go away (never go away)
So I guess I gotta stay now

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home" Keeping his arm around my waist he walks us to the barrier, tapping against it and it ripples.

"Walkin' out of town
Lookin' for a better place (lookin' for a better place)
Something's on my mind (mind)
Always in my head space " He puts his hand against the barrier and I see he's pushing slightly trying to break through.

But I know some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

Whoa, yeah
Yeah, ah
Whoa, whoa" He takes us back inside the fearamid where he let's go of me and starts walking away, his heels clicking against the floor.

"Hello, welcome home"