Chapter 15

(Dipper pov)

I look around in astonishment, everything fixed. Even the Mystery Shack is built up again. The sky is blue for the first time in months. There is no sign that everything was even in ruins. But none of this feels right. This isn't what I wanted.

Looking around another time I realize that Bill is nowhere to be found. "Bill. Bill, where are you!"

I run through the woods but there is no sign of him anywhere. I stop as I fall to my knees at a river looking at my reflection in the water. Feeling anger rising I swipe my hand through the water as more tears fall down my face.

"I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?" I get up walking further into the forest but stop when I come to a clearing, his statue standing there half sunken into the ground without a scratch.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin"

I turn around and my eyes widen seeing Bill standing there with a small smile on his face. I run over to him jumping into his arms. He holds onto me spinning me around making me laugh a little bit.

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go? So why don't we go?

Oh, this could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know"

I look up at him. "I thought I would never see you again....why did you leave me you fucking jerk!" Hit his chest but it doesn't even seem to faze him at all.

"I thought everything would be better for you if I wasn't around. So I fixed your world. All my creations are gone."

"Then why did you come back?"

"Foolish Pinetree. I could never leave you." He cups my cheek in his hand and I put my hand over his.

"How did you know I would be here?"

"Because this is where everything started." He walks over to the statue putting his hands in his pockets.

"What do you mean?"

"This clearing is where I first met Ford. It's where Gideon and I made his deal. And then it is where you awakaned me again." He walks back over to me. "You freed me. And I never properly thanked you for that." He puts his arms around my wasit pulling me close. "Run away with me, Pinetree."

"Are you serious?"

"More serious then I have ever been about anything."

"Where would we even go?"

"We could go anywhere. We could be together without your family ever finding us. We could even live in another country. With the barrier gone I can leave. We could be together. Isn't that what you want?"

"Of course it is." I manage to say as his lips connect with mine

The End