Escape (Run Maya) 2

"Maya, you need to escape before you're caught. The guards have been alerted." Rita says when she gets close to me from the window. But how? I was sure I was careful.

   I turn and look at Jeff. He has a smirk on his stupid face. What the heck did he do?

    "This is my house Camaya. You can't just do anything and get away with it."

   "Well, watch me get away." Despite the fear running down my spine making the hairs on my neck stand, I muster the courage and spit back at Jeff. Like I said, I'm leaving this place no matter what it takes.

    "Let's see then." He confidently says.

    "Let's see." I plug the knife out of his thigh and he gives a menacing scream which makes me smile.

    "Let's go Maya." Rita shouts on top of Jeff screams of pain. I start to panic. This isn't what I planned. Fuck.

    "It kills me to end this here but I promise this ain't over yet." Those are my last words before Rita drags me out the room.

   Since she knows the house way better than I do, I let her drag me but this is the fucking last time. I hate being dragged about.

   Just down the hall, I see three bulky guys charging towards us.

    "I'll take care of these guys Rita. You should get out of here."

    "No. I won't leave you alone. I did that once and I regret it so I won't." I'll deal with her later. Right now I need to deal with the 'big' guys. So I just nod my head and move her behind me.

   The guy covered in tattoos charges first but I sidestep him pulling Rita along with me causing him to run headfirst into the door. I use the chance of slight distraction and deliver blow after blow to the second guy. He's a blonde with long hair pulled back into a tight bun. I hit everywhere I can get a hit on. His face, chest, stomach. Everywhere.

  My knuckles hurt as fuck but I don't stop. My hands are all bloodied by the time the third man reaches us. The blondie falls down tired and both the other guys charge towards us. Rita pulls the knife out my back pocket and chucks it into the tattooed guy's stomach. He falls down with a heavy thud.

   The other guy uses this chance to deliver a strong blow to my stomach. Ouch, that hurt. I hold on to the part he just hit with my right hand and punch his eye with my left hand. I knee him in the groin and that has him on the ground.

   I turn back to grab Rita's hand and we run down the stairs until we reach outside the house. Just infront of the gates are many of the guards standing still awaiting our arrival but more like mine.

   "Ma'am Rita, you can go back inside. Boss only asked for ma'am Camaya." The biggest of all says. At least he addressed me as ma'am.

   "To get to her, you've to get through me first." Rita says sternly it almost makes me rethink. Does she really know nothing about her family business or does she really know how to pretend and if it's the latter, hats off to her.

   The way she pulled the knife and chuched it into the guy was of skill. I saw her movements. It was trained.

  "You know you don't have to get into this shit for me. I can handle these guys." I whisper and when I say I can handle those guys I mean it. They are only about fifteen men. I'm sure I can handle them. Or maybe not.

   "No we will fight them together." She says and then turns back to big guy.

  "You will either let us go or you know what I can do to you." Big guy seems fazed for a while but recovers soon.

   "I'm sorry ma'am but I've strict orders not to let you both out of this mansion."

  And so the fight begins. Rita still has the knife from earlier and she keeps on slicing and stabbing whoever comes her way. I on the other hand used my fists. I always prefer them to weapons although I know how to use them.

   I keep on punching and kicking until I feel numb from the pain. My knuckles become sore and are all covered in blood. I leave Rita to take care of the others while I charge for big guy. He is really huge.

   I try punching him several times but he doesn't seem affected at all. I really tried.

  He pulls me by the hair upward to be level with him and then he whispers something about him being sorry and he has to do this. He punches me in the stomach really hard that I cough out blood.

  Fuck.

This is real painful. I've not even fully recovered from all the cuts Camaya caused. Darn it Camaya. These are the times I wish Camaya didn't even exist.

  He punches me again and I spit a whole lot of blood on his chest. His white shirt stained with deep red. Whoops.

  I wipe the blood at the corner of my lips with the back of my hand and smile at him.

  "You surely are going to pay for this. I promise." I do the only thing I know has men on their knees. I kick his groin with all my strength and like always, or any other man, he holds himself between his hands falling on his knees in pain.

   "This is for the blood I've lost asshole." I punch him repeatedly  straight in the face. I don't stop even after seeing his face all swollen and bloodied but something has me clutching the back of my head in pain. And gets me to stop.

  A hit.

  I slowly turn around and see a man holding a piece of metal in his hand. The fucker hit my head with that. I fall on my knees to the floor next to big guy's half unconscious body, still clutching my head. I faintly hear Rita say something between why he hit my head and telling me to escape but the ringing in my ear has me in a different kind of planet.

  After about a minute or two, I recover from the hit and try to stand on my feet steadily. I see more guards running towards us and Rita pushes me towards the wide gates. She pushes me out the gates and hands me a gun.

  "Take this and get away. I'll take care of them." I open my mouth to say something but she stops me mid way.

  "Don't worry they won't even touch a strand of hair on me. Worse case scenario, Jeff will only ground me for a while. So now go."

   "Thank you." Something I never really said just flows out my mouth before I can register.

   She locks the gates and I run leaving her to deal with the guards. I really hope she will be fine. I was angry at her earlier without actually knowing her. She had her reasons for not helping Camaya.

  I run with no clear direction for what feels like eternity until a high pitched and distorted ringing in my ears stops me. I hold on to a wall nearby for support. Pain pounding through my head, my brain pulsing against my skull, blood rushing through my temples. The headache is so nauseating that my vision blurries.

    A warm bead of blood trickles down the back of my head and for a moment everything is black. I fall down because my whole body feels like jello and I can't seem to support my weight anymore. I see a flash of bright light in my direction and hear a bit of muffled voices. I can only make out a deep angry voice and strong hands wrap around my neck and thighs lifting me up from the ground.

   I'm much to weak to fight whoever this is so I only hope it's not Jeff or any of his men.