Chapter 2: Fresh Starts

About a month had passed since Juliet landed on Tattoine. The planet was the exact stereotype she expected it to be. Sand everywhere, dry heat, everything tan, two suns.

She had managed to find work at a small local diner for income. She figured she'd start somewhere small and low key while she was pregnant. She thought maybe once she had her baby she could have enough money to have a small place, have some trustworthy friends to watch her baby while she went to work, hopefully bounty hunting by then to make some real money.

Juliet worked every shift she could so she could save up money quickly for her soon to be little family of two.

She had become close with her boss, Tyline, letting her know that she was a single mother and her plans for the future.
Tyline adored her for her bravery.

Of course Juliet left out the details of the father being a clone that she had a secret affair with but she didn't need to know all those details.

Tyline allowed Juliet to stay in her guest house at her home until she was ready to be on her own with her baby. Tyline was more than helpful during her pregnancy, she would help get baby clothes, supplies, she even made an appointment with a medic to find out the gender of her baby.

Everything seemed to have fallen into place for Juliet, she had everything she needed. Which is why she still hated herself for running away once again when the baby was born and reality set in.

By the time her baby was born she was still living in Tyline's guest house, had a good amount of credits saved up, was allowed to take some time off after giving birth to bond with her child.

But every time she looked at her baby, the big brown eyes that looked back up at her with love and trust, Juliet felt nauseous and guilty. Only being able to see Rex in her child and being reminded of how she left him behind without a proper goodbye, or without even letting him know he was going to be a father.

She was quite sure he didn't even know what that meant. She felt as if she almost took advantage of him. He was grown enough to make love, but didn't understand what could happen from it, how a new beautiful life could be created.

She couldn't stomach to look at her own child and she hated herself for it.

Maybe I wasn't meant to be a mother, just as Rex wasn't meant to be a father. How can I look at my child and only feel betrayal and guilt? How am I supposed to raise our child and avoid the questions about the father as time goes on? This is not fair for the baby. Juliet thought to herself as she was holding her youngling with a whirlwind of emotions.

The only way to move on from her past, was to completely forget all of it. That unfortunately meant letting go of her baby to have a normal childhood. Juliet didn't have a good relationship with her parents, she was honestly scared of history repeating itself and she wouldn't be a good mother like her own. If she stayed a deserter with her baby on the run, they'd never have a normal life.

She started crying, looking down at her baby, Rex's baby.

"I'm so sorry, My beautiful baby. You deserve a better life than what I can give you. I'm so sorry I failed you and your father." She whispered down to her 2 month old child.

She knew what she had to do, yet again.

Juliet wrote an apology letter to tyline, she was currently at work and would not even know when Juliet had slipped out.

She packed her things and headed towards her stolen kaminoan ship at the landing docks.

"Hey kid, haven't seen you in a while. I see you had your baby. " The dock worker said to Juliet.