Chapter 22: cornered

A couple days had passed since the group took off the random moon with the ship part. They were floating through space yet again, Juliet and omega were both loosing their patience. Juliet had already taught omega card games, how to read the ship reports, and told her nearly every story of the adventures had with her before the empire took over.

They had bonded tremendously since reuniting as if they never spent any time apart.

Juliet was with echo looking at his data pad at some current news.
"That's our ship isn't it?" Juliet pointed to a "ship wanted" list off to the side.

Echo huffed before getting up to tell the others who were all looking at the nearby planets.

"We got a bigger problem. Comm chatter has our ship signature on a wanted list." Echo told his brothers. Juliet entering the room as tech responded,
"So we scramble it."

"You can do that?" Wrecker asked.

"Of course I can do it. But I need to land in order to perform those modifications. By my calculations, the closest planet is pantora."

"Well, pantora it is." Hunter told them before they all scattered away with the exception of omega. Hunter kissed Juliet's cheek as he passed her, Juliet took tech's previous seat next to omega noticing she was looking up at the screen of the planet.

"What is it?" Juliet asked her.

"I'm just excited to get off this ship"

"Me too hun. Maybe we can find something fun to do and it's not all business." Juliet suggested.

"You really think we could?" Omega asked happily.

"We'll see. Hopefully Hunter can not be so serious and let us have some fun." Juliet said brushing some hair behind omega's ear.

"Why is my hair so light mom? Your hair is dark." Omega suddenly asked.

"From your father." Juliet said smiling gently still playing with her hair.

"My father's a clone isn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Can you tell me about him? What's his name? Were you guys in love like you and Hunter are? Do you speak to him? Does he know about me? Does-"

Juliet interrupted omegas questions, not wanting to really speak about Rex. Whenever he was around or brought up her and Hunter tended to have problems. They were doing really great right now, the last time he was around her and Hunter got into their biggest fight ever.

"Do we have to do this right now? We were just excited about going to pantora, I can tell you about the planet." Juliet said trying to change the topic.

"That's not fair mom, you know your dad even though you choose not to have a relationship with him. You're not even giving me the chance to make that decision."

"Omega!" Juliet said back harshly taken back by the blow in the face about her relationship with her father.
Omega sighed and walked away. One she was out of sight Juliet laid back in her seat covering her face in her hands feeling overwhelmed.

Hunter overheard the conversation from a distance and wanted to be there for Juliet once he knew omega was gone. He kneeled down in front of Juliet and put his hands on her waist.

"She's just curious, at least you guys have a good relationship to talk about things like that." Hunter said trying to ease her nerves.

"Sometimes it feels like I'm just her older sister and not her mother with the way she speaks to me."

"She's a preteen, don't be mad at her." Hunter said defending the young girl.

"If I ever spoke to my mother like that I'd have my teeth knocked out. This is what I'm talking about, I never felt like I would be capable of being a mom." Juliet said quickly wiping a tear away.