Ch.5 - You're not Whitebeard (Part 2)

@yonamaparsons - Here it is! A second part of 'You're not Whitebeard'. I hope you will enjoy this, even if Whitebeard and Ace togheter aren't the focus of this chapter, but no fears, I'm already working on idea's for a third chapter! I've decided I need to keep it going untill Ace figures it out that it's Whitebeard for reals.

Out of breath Ace arrived at the small village, the battle with Jimbe really had taken something out of him. He had wanted to rest first thing after it, but with the old man appearing, that took priority. He could take a little nap after helping him, for now he was sure his crew would protect the old man from his 'sons'.

-Sons. Sons. Pff, I don't know a lot about biology, but Deuce had at least, tried to, teach him the basics. So he knows this kind of height difference was impossible, unless they all had that weird dwarfism! Oh noo, poor kids... Deuce would be proud of him for remembering the name if a sickness! Hehe, I'm smart too Deuce, look at me hahhaha! If those people somehow are his sons... the poor mother.... It must have been like passing kidney stones!-

Suddenly getting thrown out of his own weird thoughts he looked around him "What was I doing again...? Ah right, searching for the old man's house."

-Hmmm, everything is too small.....Ah!- "Excuse me!"

A passing villager turned around hearing someone yelling behind him and saw a freckled teen running closer, happily waving at him. Putting on a kind smile he turned to face the guy.

"Hello, can I help you? You're not from around here, are you?"

"No, no, I'm docked with my crew at the other side of the island, we're the Spade pir-. DON'T WORRY! We're not here to harm you guys!" Ace quickly added the second part and rose his hands as a sign that he really means no harm when he saw the villager tensing up.

The villager looked a bit more nervous knowing he was in front of a pirate, but he luckily stayed to help. "O-okay, ehm what is it you need?"

"Well, I met this big old man with a HUUUGEEEE moustache." Ace made sure to accentuate the size of said moustache with his hands.

"Mister Newgate?"

Seeing that the villager knew the old man's name, brought a smile to his face, "Ah you know him, perfect! I am looking for where he is staying and who's taking care of him."

"Staying? Taking care of? Ehm well, I guess his sons take care of him? The sta-

With his short attention span, Ace already interrupted the villager before he could even finish his sentence, "Are they REALLY his sons!? There's such a big height difference, didn't you see that?!!"

The villager was really confused by now, everyone knew they were not really the man's actual blood-related sons, right, right??

"Ehm, they are ehm not really his sons."

"They're adopted?"

".... You could say that, yes. Sir Marco the phoenix has even already been with him for the past 20 years or so."

"The pineapple? Hmmm, so they're not after his inheritance then?"

-Pineapple??? Inheritance??????- "No? I... I don't think so? They travel together, as a family. For the fun of it, because they can and want to stay together, no strings attached. And ehm, if they were after his inheritance, I don't think that they would care that much about his health as they do now. They always buy lots of herbs and stuff for Mister Newgate's health. And The Phoenix is also known to keep a watchful eye on him and is one of the only ones who dare to take away Mister Newgate's alcohol when he has had enough."