The plan

The day of the meeting. Everyone has been brain storming and hopefully today there narrow down a plan.

"Should we just go around like we did last time?" Larry asked

"Probably," Todd said "okay so, Travis said that his dad would come here on his own. So I think we should let that happen but then before Kenneth can do anything, we restrain him. With this it's possible other 'higher ups' of the cult would come to get him. Then we find a way to get rid of them."

"You're not suggesting we kill them right?" Sal asked

"If that is what it comes to-" Todd gets cut off.

"Murder is not the answer!"

"Well..." Travis starts.

"Travis!"

"What! He's a shit head, I would love to rid this world of him."

Everyone stares at Travis, unsure of what to say.

"Sorry, I'll stop"

"Um... okay? I don't see another way to do this that doesn't involve hurting someone. Like what would happen there here and we just like- lock them up? How would that work?" Todd pointed out.

"I don't know,I feel like that's just a bit immoral"

"So is slaughtering a bunch of kids." Larry stated.

"I guess your right, I just feel like there should be another way. However if there isn't, and we have to resort to... that, then so be it." And so it was decided. With the people in charge of the cult gone it would surly fall apart. The group decided to stay at Todd and Neil's place for a while, as the meeting was much shorter than expected.

Travis, not knowing who to talk to decide to head towards Dawn. She was one of the nicer people, at least towards Travis, so he really wanted to befriend her. He'd also been working on learning sigh language for about a week and wanted to see if he had it right, and maybe ask for some pointers on learning the language.

Before Travis could get over to Dawn, he felt a hand pull him into the narrow hallway.

"What are you doing?" Ash said calmly, yet somehow sternly at the same time.

"I was going to talk to Dawn." Travis said resisting the urge to yell, truly a horrible habit.

"Yeah, but why"

"I just wanted to make a friend."

"If you dare hurt her, or do or say anything hurtful towards her. I will bury you so far under the ground that not even the police dogs will find you." She sneered, pushing him and walking away.

Jeez, seems he made a lasting impression. He continued walking to Dawn in the process running in to a man slightly shorter than him, Larry. Gosh, can't he just get to talk to Dawn without having multiple sub-conversations to build his relationships with other characters? No. Of course not.

"Hey Travis. Are you feeling okay?" Larry asked

"Yeah," Travis looked around them to make sure know one was listening, no one was. "Did you tell Sal what I told you?" He whispered

"Not directly, I just told him to check up on you since I 'thought you were acting off'" Larry chuckled putting air quotes around the last bit. There no way he would know what the new Travis' normal is, therefore not knowing when he's acting off. However Sal is so caring he didn't catch that detail, to worried someone was hurt.

"Well, don't. Please. I just mean, Sal has a lot to deal with and he should have to deal with me to."

"But-"

"Larry, it's my information, not your and I'm asking you not to share it so please don't" Travis walked off still set and talking to Dawn, probably out of spite at this point.

"Hey Travis!" Neil called him over. Travis walked over, trying not to look annoyed.

Travis sighs, putting on a fake smile. "Hi Neil."

"I just realized I never formally met you. So, yeah I just want to talk to you. Y'know just have a conversation." Neil said. The way he worded it would have been awkward for someone else but with Neil it just wasn't.

"Oh, okay. Uh, I want to say I'm sorry by the way. For what I did to Todd and everyone else. I know a sorry won't fix it but, still, I thought you should know I am. Sorry, that is." Travis played with his fingers. He meant everything he said, and felt like a dummy being nervous because this wasn't about him. The last thing he wanted was for the person he's apologizing to, to feel like they did something wrong.

"I forgive you, dude" Neil put his large hand on Travis' shoulder. It was warm. "I understand why you did it."

Travis looked up at Neil. His eyes held an emotion Travis knew all to well, pity. What did he know? Did he talk to Sal? How much does he know?

"I'll be right back." Travis turned, now taking a detour from his original mission and going to Sal.

"Hey Sal?" Sal turned to the blond standing above him and smiled.

"What's up, Trav?" Sal replied.

"Did you tell Neil?"

That was all it took for Sal to know what he was talking about. A pit of guilt grew in his stomach.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, really! I was telling him about my dream and it had to do with your dad and, you know Neil he's smart, so he put together the dots and-" Sal rambled.

"Sal, I'm not mad. Sorry it came of that way. I just wanted to know how much you told him or why you told him." Travis explained.

"He doesn't know any details and I didn't mean to. I'm sorry Travis." Sal said sincerely.

"It's alright. As long as you weren't just spending the word."

"I wouldn't do that, I promise" Sal stuck out his pinky finger. Travis responded by tilting his head. "I never break a pinky promise!"

Travis giggled, making Sal smile. He linked his pinky with the shorter boys, sealing the deal. "Your such a kid" Travis laughed.

"Well we are still 17, we aren't out of our childhood just yet." They unlocked there pinky's, leaving a tingling sensation like the embrace was still there.

"I guess your right." Travis looked towards to door to see Ash and Dawn leave. "Damn it"

"What is it?" Sal asked.

"I've been trying to talk to Dawn for a while and she just left." Travis replied.

"Oh.. well there's always tomorrow!" Sals voice sounded a little sad. Travis put it off as nothing.

"Yeah, I guess your right."

nesrin_13 you better right that victim character.

Anyway I hope y'all enjoyed because I really like this chapter. I want to try to get more stuff out because I love writing and j love the feedback I get from it, but I have lots going on so I hope y'all can understand! I wish you all the best.

-R/M