Talk to me

Travis woke up from a nightmare, he was running through the streets of New York, a monster was chasing him. As he swerved through people, no one helped, no one stopped to ask if he was alright, no one cared.

Travis stood from the hard, cold floor. His eyes landed on a certain door at the end of the hallway, rage filled his body.

With shaky hand Travis walked to the door and threw it open. There sat his father, the man who made his life miserable since birth, the man who beat him and dragged him through the mud, the same man who made a 4 year-old join a cult. He hated him, so, so much.

"Why?" Travis stared down his father, shaking with anger and fear and confusion.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Travis' hands clenched into fists of rage. He punched his dad in the face once, then twice, then three times. He couldn't stop.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT ME, LOVE ME WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??" Travis cried, he met eyes with his father and stopped. His nose was bleeding and parts of his face were red, it's gonna bruise.

A chill ran down Travis' spine as he stared at his dads eyes, they were cold and dead, just a black void.

"Nunc." Kenneth muttered. With that word a sharp pain stabbed Travis' head. His eyes watered as he grabbed his head. He screamed, gripping and pulling his hair. Thousands of voices whispered to him, telling him to do horrible things.

"STOP!" He dropped to his knees and sobbed. Just then the door opened, revealing Sal.

"Travis?" Sal sank to the floor to help him. He looked up at Kenneth, who sat there with a sick simile. "What did you do to him?"

When Kenneth didn't respond Sal lead Travis out of the room and into the living room. "Travis, Travis please what happened?"

"I don't know, too... loud" The crying boy whispered between sobs.

"The traffic? I'm sorry Trav I don't know how to fix this." Sal put a hand on his shoulder. Travis' sobs died down a bit as Sal rubbed his shoulder. Eventually he was just sniffing, almost angry at himself for crying.

The whispers were still there, a little quieter, much more bearable.

"Do you want me to call Dawn, she could try to figure out what that was?" Sal asked softly.

Travis wanted to see Dawn, but there's no way she could help. They don't teach exorcism in medical school, plus it was four in the morning, wouldn't want to bother her. "No, I'm okay" Travis faked a pretty convincing smile, he's gotten good at that.

Sal grabbed the boys face. "Hey, Travis, talk to me."

Less than an hour left of Saturday but the chapter is out