Stage two

Hey guys.....heh. Ik the last chapter ended with "talk to me" but I don't remember where I was going with that so if the just talked about emotion. Nothing important.
Tw: blood, death, murder, vomit, mentions of child abuse, cults, etc.

3 weeks later

Travis was always told that he could be disposed of. There was always the threat of a sacrificial ritual dangling over his head. One wrong step and he was gone. It was never a matter of avoiding his death, but rather pushing it off as far as possible. Travis was aware that one day the devourers of god would kill him. It was always a question of when.

So when the red eyed demon possessed him, it wasn't a shock. It was like watching a title wave come from the distance, a countdown until death. You know it's coming but you never know quite when it's gonna be there.

When the wave hits you for a moment you are in such a state of panic that it's almost like you weren't expecting. But after a second you remember. This is inevitable, there is no fighting to be done. It's over.

But Travis has managed to stay afloat, for the time being. And right now it's time to fight.

A group of five cultist wait at the door when Sal opens it. They barge in a push Sal out of the way. Travis recognizes them, they are the rest of the high council.

Larry walks out of the bathroom, wearing that stupid rock he stole from the museum. Two of the men lock eyes on him and start to walk in his direction.

Travis stays frozen, his head is foggy and the black cloaks bring back bad memories. He watch's as Sal trips a cultist and brings their head to his knee, knocking him out. One down.

Travis watch's a Todd grabs the bat Kenneth was knocked out with and brings it down on another cultists head with a sickening crack. Two down.

Travis watch's as Neil wrestles with the biggest cultists on the ground, punching him in the face repeatedly until his eyes roll back. Reminding Travis of his father. Three.

Travis turns his head to see that the two that were heading towards Larry have knocked the metal head out. One reaches for the stone around his neck, as the other tries to walk further down the hall.

This time Travis doesn't freeze. He remembers and old story of a rock. One tethered to the whole cult like a kill switch, one that was lost in a war.

Travis grabs a knife from the kitchen. Before he can think of what he is doing he stabs the cultist that is standing above Larry. Before walking up to the other one and slicing there throat. He walks back to Larry and pushes the dead man off of him, before grabbing the blood soaked stone. He throws it to the ground, breathing heavily and grabs the bat from Todd.

With hazy vision and cloud in his ears, he begins to hit the stone until it slits in half.

The noise it makes is what brings him back to reality. A high pitched ringing mixed with millions of screams and whispers. It's very similar to the noise that plagues Travises head.

The noise stops and for a second everything is quite. Travis looks up to see everyone staring at him. His own eyes trail down to his body. His shirt and hands are covered in blood. He drops the bat, and keeps his eyes on the floor.

"...Travis?" Sal says, barely above a whisper, his voice is so quite you could mistake it as wind.

Behind Travis Larry stirs, screaming when he sees the body next to him. He sits up and looks for the source of the blood on his shirt before coming to the horrific conclusion that the blood isn't his. He turn to his side and vomits, before starting to cry.