Ch-4

"Adopted?" Meng Yao asked.

"Fortunately, yes. I am so glad that I am not related to that scum named Jin Guangshan." Zixian said.

"Zixian, mind your words. He is still your Sect Leader. " Zixuan reprimanded her.

"Alright, I won't curse him in public from now on. Seriously, since when did you become so good at social niceties and stuff?" Zixian said.

'Also, since when do you know that I am adopted?'  Zixian thought.

'Did she always know that she was not a Jin?' Jin Zixuan wondered. 'Have I transmigrated to a different world instead of just traveling back in time? So many things don't make any sense to me. A-Li practices medicine when she only ever knew the basics of healing in my past life. Zixian has an intelligence network and knows of her adoption. She never had any knowledge of it in my past life as far as I can remember.'

Healer Yan rushed outside half an incense stick later.

"Meng Gongzi, please come in. I need your help. Xiao Gui, can you find out how long it will take for the herbs to be brought?" She asked in a rushed manner.

"Healer Yan, how is my mother?" Meng Yao asked with concern in his voice.

"I'll contact Yan Peng," Zixian said and went to another side of the courtyard to contact her subordinate.

Healer Yan and Meng Yao went inside the room. 

"Is there anything I can help with?" Zixuan asked.

A-Li wanted help and what A-Li wants, A-Li gets.

"If you could arrange for some basins of cold water, it would help us a lot. There is a small well in the back." Healer Yan said and handed him an empty basin.

Jin Zixuan nodded and went to follow the instructions given to him.

"Meng Gongzi, your mother is running a fever and it is not breaking. We will have to cool her down. I have some clean handkerchiefs here, dip them in water and wrung them out so that they are not dripping anymore, and place it on her forehead, when Xiao Gui comes in, tell her to pace the handkerchiefs on her hands and legs. I will go and brew some medicine to bring down her fever." she said and hurried to the kitchen with some herbs and a scale in her hands.

Meanwhile, Jin Zixuan returned from the backyard with a basin of water in his hands.

He placed it beside the one Meng Yao was using. Zixian walked in.

"Yan Peng says that he is on his way, he will be here in twenty minutes." She spoke. "Oh, looks like Healer Yan isn't here. I will go and inform her then." She turned to go out, but Zixuan stopped her.

"Wait, you can help Meng Yao here." He said." I will go and inform Healer Yan."

He rushed out towards the kitchen; he had passed by the place when he was going to the well. Jin Zixuan stepped into the kitchen and saw Healer Yan brewing some medicinal concoction on the stove. She was stirring the medicine with one hand and wiped her sweat away with the other.  She took the pot off the flame and replaced it with a pot of water

"Healer Yan, Zixian asked me to inform you that the herbs will be arriving in twenty minutes." He spoke.

Healer Yan turned around when she heard this. Jin Zixuan's gaze fell onto her face, and he sharply inhaled. The naturally hot weather of Yunmeng and humidity from the fumes rising from the brewing herbs made it hard for her to breathe through the fine silk. Jiang Yanli hadn't been expecting anyone to come to the kitchen,

"A-Li." He whispered so lightly that these two words went unheard by the girl in front of him.

Jiang Yanli realized that her face wasn't veiled. She hurried tried to cover her countenance with the handkerchief in her hand, but the damage had been done.