Ch-29

"Xian'er! You're finally back!"

"Wh- Who are you? Let go of me!" Jin Zixian shrieked.

Lan Xichen was taken aback by this and instantly loosened his grip.

Jin Zixian had been struggling to break free and when he let go suddenly, she fell on the floor and clambered a few step away from him before turning around to face him. He tried to approach her again, but she held out her hand as if there was a weapon in it. For her, there truly was one- her bracelet.

"Xian'er, do you not remember me?"

"I have never met you in my life!"

"For god's sake, we are engaged Xian'er."

"I don't know you, don't even try to touch me, I'm warning you!"

"Okay, okay! I won't move. Just talk to me, alright? Just answer some of my questions, is that doable for you?"

"...Mn."

"What is your name?"

"Jin Zixian."

'So, she is still trapped in the dream.'

"How did you get here?"

"I don't know, I was trying to push away Jin Zixun when I suddenly ended up here."

"Jin Zixun? What are you talking about?" Lan Xichen knew that Jin Zixun had tried to trap her and the Jiangs into making her marry him in the past. No matter how much he hoped against it, he couldn't put it past Jin Zixun to not try something at a time like this. 

Meanwhile, she stayed silent. After all, to tell another soul of this shameful matter would ruin her reputation, it would destroy her life.

"Xian'er, tell me, what happened?"

She shook her head in refusal and then looked up at the roof to stop tears from flowing out. .

"Did-Did he try to..." Lan Xichen left his sentence there, because in front of him, his beloved's eyes that were filled with resilience just a second ago, were now filled with despair and anguish. Grief emanated from her entire being.

Rage boiled in his veins, he had guessed what was going on. "I'm going to kill him!"

"No!" She shouted. 

For unknowing receiver, even genuine feelings from an unfamiliar person are not much different from hypocrisy. After all, for her, he could very well be another Jin Zixun. 

"Gongzi, the interior of this place is simple yet elegant. I assume you are quite well-off. You needn't bloody your hands for a stranger, I'm not worth it." 

Lan Xichen was deeply hurt seeing her degrade herself so. She was the most wonderful person he had ever met, the girl he wanted to get to know since their first encounter, the life-partner his heart had decided upon long ago. 

"Xian'er, although you might not remember it, but we are engaged. No matter what, I have always loved you and I always will. So please, don't ever degrade yourself so, it pains me to hear anyone speak about you like this." He stepped forward towards her and held her wrist. His fingertips brushed the bracelet.

"I told you to stay away from me!" 

A bolt of electricity flew from the beads across Lan Xichen's palm and glued him there, before finally letting go of him.

"What just happened?" He asked.

"I don't know! Don't ask me again!"

He lips immediately glued themselves together. His eyes widened in shock. This was a spell unique to the Lan clan and he has indeed taught her in the past. Realising that she remembers him and was just in shock, he pulled her into a hug.