Ch-12

Day by day, Wei Zixian was healed by the Wen prisoner. The spiritual energy transferred by him helped her cultivate. She was even raped less frequently now. Apparently, some great cultivator was coming to manage this camp. The camp authorities were frantically trying to erase the evidence of their wrongdoings. Things were starting to look brighter for her. 

The day finally came, when the camp authorities would shift hands. But, it seems there was a small error in her assumption. The "Great and Famous" cultivator did arrive, but it was his head that arrived there on a flag hosted by the Wen soldiers. 

'So this was why Grandpa Wen was so confident that he could take me out of here.' Zixian thought as she was handed a set of clean clothes. 'It appears as though Grandpa Wen has quite the seniority in the Wen Sect. '

 She finished changing into a proper set of clothes that would shield her from cold wind and lust filled eyes. 

"Come on, little girl. Grandpa will bring you out of here." He said with his warm and comforting voice.

Zixian did not look back as the Wens set fire to the camp with the cultivators still trapped inside. She did not hear the screams of them burning alive. 

"Zixian. My name is Zixian." 

The first time she had spoken to someone in weeks. 

"Zixian...a virtuous fairy, you have a good name." 

The rest of the ride passed in silence, until the carriage came to a halt. 

Swish!

An arrow swiftly pierced the heart of Grandpa Wen. 

*-*-*

Wei Wuxian had eaten rotten food often during the years he was on the streets. At first, he used to vomit it all out. But slowly, bit by bit, he learned how and when not to vomit. It had come of use to him the first time he tried the spicy dishes of Yunmeng which came love later. The time A-Cheng tired to cook something. The time he tried the bitter and tasteless cuisine of Cloud Recesses for the first time. And now, when he had no choice but to eat raw human meat. 

He nearly burst his esophagus trying to stop himself from regurgitating his sickening meal. But he survived it. He had to, there were people waiting for him outside. They can't see him die just because he couldn't eat some human meat. And they say raw meat is healthier anyway, don't they? 

That night, he couldn't even bear to lie still. His eyes were shut, but his mind was awake. His head hurt from all the voices shouting in his ears. He turned from side to side on the uncomfortable makeshift stone bed. He screamed in pain himself. He hadn't felt such pain since his golden core was transferred to Jiang Cheng.

Screams of agony filled the empty cave. There were some voice hiding amongst the pain and desperation for release. They whispered one after another.

"Come to us." 

"You have no other choice."

"Come and become stronger with us." 

"You know you want to. "