Ch-16

"Hello, da Jia hao! I am Wei Chi or Wei Zixian, whatever you want to call me, anything's fine. I am currently in Yiling with my friend Lan Gongzi or as I have recently learned, Lan Xichen. This was supposed to be our getaway from life. So, will someone please do me a favor and tell me how the hell has this become a family outing?!"

*-*-*

True to his words, Wei Wuxian was indeed accompanying Lan Xichen and Wei Zixian on their trips to Yiling. This had already happened twice, they were even joined by Jiang Cheng, Jin Zixuan, and Jiang Yanli this time. To Wei Zixian, Lan Xichen was an interesting and good-looking stranger who was fun to spend time with. A good distraction from her highly complex life.

To Lan Xichen, Wei Zixian was the beautiful fairy who came into his life at the most random moment and changed it forever. He was falling for her head over heels. But now, their meet-ups were not as simple anymore. Ever since it became public knowledge that Lan Gongzi wanted to marry Wei Xiaojie, they just weren't that comfortable around each other anymore. There was so much they wanted to talk about. Add a few protective elder brothers into that mix, and there you go. One plate of fresh disaster is ready, feel free to dig in.

There were so many questions unasked, words unspoken, and feelings unacknowledged.

Wei Zixian knew that they could not continue in this manner. She needed to talk to Lan Xichen, she wanted to talk to him. So, she went to the only rational person she could find, Jiang Yanli.

"Sister-in-law, help your little sister. I am going to be suffocated to death if this continues. My brothers are acting crazy." Zixian barged into Yanli's room and sat down beside her.

"Zixian, they are doing this for you. Even if they are going a little overboard." Yanli replied and put down her teacup.

"But Saozi! I can't talk to Lan Gongzi at all. How the hell will I clear things between us if I can't even speak with him without any of my brothers breathing down my neck, ready to kill him if he even says a word?" She asked and held her head in her hands momentarily before nearly banging it against the table.

"I understand what you are talking about. I will arrange for the two of you to talk before we go back." Jiang Yanli replied and stroked Zixian's hair.

"Really? Thank you so much! You are the best!"

Zixian sat up and held her sister-in-law's hands with a bright smile.

"But, Xiao Xian, even though I arrange a meeting for you two, what are you even going to talk about?"

"Of course, we will talk about why he wants to propose marriage."

"He already said he likes you sincerely and wants to marry you."

"Then, we will talk about...about..."

"You are yourself unsure of it, right?"

Wei Zixian nodded sheepishly.

"Since you are not clear about your feelings, how can you ask someone else about their sentiments?"

"...You are correct."

"So, tell me. What do you think about Lan Gongzi?"

"He is very smart, for starters. Very intelligent and talented. We often conversed for hours and I never felt bored. His views on many subjects are rather insightful and interesting at the same time."

"Which means that you like his company?"

"I have never denied that fact either."

"Moving on, what else do you feel around him?"