Ch-7

A week later, Jiang Yanli went to Meng Shi's courtyard to check up on her health. Jin Zixian came to visit Meng Shi and test Jiang Yanli the same day, for she had received information that Healer Yan was there.

"Healer Yan, what a coincidence! I was hoping to run into you!" Zixian greeted cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you too, Xiao Gui."

"Healer Yan, will you be making your lotus root and pork rib soup today?"

"I am, as a matter of fact. I was also wondering why you wanted to meet me today. Turns out you were looking forward to the soup. I am hurt by this."

"No, it is not the way you think it is. Healer Yan, I really-"

"Forget it. Since you are here anyway, why don't you come back to Lotus Pier with me?"

"Eh? Will that really be alright?"

"Of course it will be. You are Jin Zixuan's sister, you are always welcome at Lotus Pier."

"Alright then. Looks like I will be having lunch with you then."

An hour later, just as the two were about to leave, Jin Zixuan arrived at the courtyard.

"Jiang Guniang" He greeted.

"Jin Gongzi." Jiang Yanli greeted. "How come you are here?"

"He was here to pick me, I had some work to do in Qishan. Having the Jin Heir with me acts as shield."

"Qishan? Yunmeng isn't near Qishan, it will take you quite some time to go there." Jiang Yanli said.

"Indeed. That's why we must leave as soon as possible." Jin Zixuan said.

'This idiot! Aren't you just clearly saying that you don't want to spend any more time with Jiang Yanli?! I took the pains of delaying my real appointments in Qishan just to give you an opportunity to spend time with your future wife. But here I am! Cleaning up yet another mess of yours! Jin Zixuan, are you a fricking woodblock or something?!' 

Jin Zixian was mad as hell right now.

"But, we do have some time. Just enough to fit in a nice little lunch at Lotus Pier." Zixian interrupted.

"Are you sure" Jiang Yanli asked.

"Of course I am. By the way, I just remembered, my meeting in Qishan is tomorrow. So, I have ample of time today."

"Okay then. Shall we leave for Lotus Pier now?"

"Why not?" Zixian sighed in relief as they sat in the carriage and headed towards Lotus Pier.

*-*-*

When the carriage reached the Lotus Pier, Jiang Cheng was waiting there along with Wei Wuxian. Jin Zixian did not know of this, so she rushed to get off the carriage first, hoping Jin Zixuan would get down after her and then help Jiang Yanli come down as well. As soon as she lifted the curtain, she saw an outstretched arm, dressed in black robes. Both Jin Zixian and Wei Wuxian were surprised to see each other.

"What are you doing here?" They both exclaimed.

"This place is my home, where else would I be?" Wei Wuxian answered.

"I was invited by your sister for lunch." Zixian answered and took his hand and got off the carriage.

She held back Wei Wuxian for just long enough to see Jin Zixuan's head poke out. Thankfully he took the hint this time and got out of the carriage before Jiang Yanli and held his hand out to support her as she descended from the carriage. Jiang Yanli, out of habit, held Jin Zixuan's hand and didn't let go even after getting off the carriage.