Ch-20

Against the roof of her quarters, Wei Chi laid back on the tiles with her hands supporting her. She looked up at the moon shining brightly. Out of the blue, Lan Xichen jumped up to the roof and stood beside Wei Chi. He sat down beside her and she got up and leaned against him. He hugged her from behind.

They didn't utter a word, not even a greeting. The comfort they found in the silent company of one another was far more than a thousand sweet words could ever provide. A small smile graced both their lips. Little by little, Lan Xichen tightened his grip around her and Wei Chi leaned further into him. Soon, she was almost sitting in his lap. She felt shy because of the position they were now in and attempted to sit a little farther away from him. But Lan Xichen pulled her back, completely onto his lap.

"Don't move." He whispered.

She nodded with a blushing face.

"Can you hear how fast my heart is bearing now?"

She nodded again.

"It's because I am with you. My heart always beats faster when I am near you."

She hid her face in his chest, even shyer.

"Oh! Why are you so sweet? I can't resist this side of you at all."

"Then don't."

Wei Chi looked up at him and beamed at Lan Xichen.

"Hey, it's been a while since we spent time with each other. Why don't you show around the sect tomorrow?" She asked.

"As you wish."

He swooped her in his arms and jumped off the roof.

"Put me down. It's getting late, we need to go to sleep." She whispered.

He said nothing and continued to look at her adoringly.

"What are you doing? A-Huan-" He cut her off mid-sentence by pressing his lips sweetly upon hers. She naturally reciprocated, she had missed him unbearably.

Lan Xichen pulled back after a moment or two. He walked into her quarters and placed her on the bed and lay beside her, hugging her close. Wei Chi was nervous about their intimacy and did not know what to do.

"May I hold you for a while? I haven't been able to sleep very well lately. I will not do anything else. Please?"

She couldn't refuse his puppy eyes. So she hesitantly wrapped her hands around him, a few inches above his waist.

"Xian'er,"

"Mn?"

"If you continue holding me like that, I am not sure of what might happen next."

She threw her head back and let out a chuckle.

"What a great day it is! Even the great Zewu Jun has a side like this. Who would have thought? The most eligible bachelor of our generation!"

"I don't think that title is mine anymore. I am not a bachelor, am I?"

"Zixuan-ge was engaged since infancy. He is still on the list. Moreover, the world doesn't know of our engagement."

"Oh? Then we must get rid of my title quickly." He quickly bent down to kiss her, but she moved back just as fast.

"No! This is already very improper of us." She said and shifted her body out of his embrace. She placed a pillow between them. "You can't cross this line." She said and closed her eyes, knowing that her engaged was only joking. He would never do anything that would hurt her.

Lan Xichen chuckled and immediately kissed her forehead.

"Good night," he whispered in her ear and in a flash, he was gone.