Ch-5

A few minutes later a light sound of something cutting through the air was heard. A sword stopped above them, a teenager in black and red mounting it. He observed the three standing below him before scrunching up his nose in disgust at the sight of the male standing beside the unknown girl. He gently descended to the ground.

Wei Wuxian walked up to his sister and checked her for any injuries and her face for any tear streaks. Her eyes were limpid as usual, but as she was not used to staying up so late into the night, they were a little droopy. Moreover, a few dried streaks were visible underneath her eyes. Wei Wuxian immediately walked up to Jin Zixuan and held his collar.

"Jin Peacock, what did you do to my sister?" He shouted. 

Before Jin Zixuan could say anything, his sister cut in. 

"Jin Peacock? How fitting! I am surprised I didn't think of it before. Jin Zixuan, it certainly does suit you." 

Wei Wuxian was a little surprised by this. He had been expecting this girl to defend Jin Zixuan and then he would have to argue with her before charming her to his side. He didn't think that she would join him instead. 

"May I ask who this young master is?" Zixian asked Wei Wuxian. She placed her hand on his and pulled it off Jin Zixuan's collar like she was patting away a petal on her sleeve. 

'She isn't weak.' Wei Wuxian thought. 

"May I know this beautiful lady's name in exchange for mine then?" He asked with a slight smile. "I am Wei Wuxian." He stated before she had an opportunity to refuse him.

Jin Zixian returned a small smile of her own. Her alert eyes and upturned lips paired with her calm expression made her look like a painting. She replied, 

"My name is Jin Zixian. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Young Master Wei." 

"Jiang Guniang, now that you are in safe hands, we will take our leave. We are grateful for your help tonight. If you ever need anything, you need only say the word. I will be there to assist you." Jin Zixuan said. 

The other three stared at him when he did a small bow at the end. 

Zixian unsheathed her sword and pointed it at him?

"Who are you and what have you done to Jin Zixuan?" 

"Zixian! I am Jin Zixuan! Why are you all acting like this?!" 

"Think about what you just did again." Wei Wuxian said. 

"I didn't do anything wrong. What fault is there in thanking Jiang Guniang for helping us?" 

"Jin Gongzi, in the past you have only ever made my sister cry. Isn't it strange that you act so politely?" 

Jin Zixuan realized that his action tonight did match with his personality at that time in past. He quickly tried to come up with a story, nonsense, anything. Anything to cover up his slip up. 

But, before he could do so, Jiang Yanli placed a hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder and pulled him back as she came forward.

"Since our identities are already out, I sincerely hope that Jin Gongzi and Jin Guniang will keep this a secret for us. I apologize for any trouble that I may have caused you and offer my assistance for any time you need it. Jiang Yanli and Wei Wuxian will take their leave now." 

Wei Wuxian mounted his sword helped Jiang Yanli stand on it as well. He understood that his sister had a reason for saying so and he believed that she might be suspecting the same thing as him. Hence, they quietly flew away. 

Below them, in the courtyard, Jin Zixuan stepped towards Jiang Yanli and was about to say something when Jin Zixian stopped him. 

"Jin Zixuan, do you really think that you can fool people with your acting skills?"