Ch-23

All the disciples scampered back into their quarters. Wei Wuxian scanned the area once to see if someone was still peeking from the shadows but found none. He immediately rushed to Wei Chi's side, supporting her as she lost her balance out of the blue. 

"Xiao Chi, are you alright?" He asked worriedly. "Lan Xichen, that brat! I should have never let near you. How could he do that to you?" Wei Wuxian was seething with rage. His sister's reputation had just been destroyed, how could anyone expect him to stay calm? 

"Ge, you should go and check up on the Twin Jades. Both of them are drunk, there is no telling what mayhem they might cause now." She told him. 

"Are you alright though? He took advantage of you just now. Are you sure you don't want me to beat him up?" Wei Wuxian wanted her to think again, for his hands were itching to hit someone to death. 

"Ge! Be gone already!" 

*-*-*

The following day, the disciples of the Lan clan woke up in an unusual mood. They knew they were probably breaking multiple rules but didn't care. After all, it is not every day that the model student is to be punished. They tried their best to conceal their curiosity and excitement as they went to the Lan shi. Hushed whispers passed varying versions of the events of last night and eventually, the lies became truth for the listeners. 

In the hall, about a dozen disciples were kneeling. 

"Jiang Gongzi, please get up along with your sister." Lan Qirens said. "The same goes for the Wen siblings as well. Nie Gongzi, Meng Gongzi, Luo Guniang, and Jin Gongzi are to join them too." 

They got up hesitantly but continued to stand in their positions instead of moving to the side. 

"Su She, speak." Lan Qiren commanded. 

Su She stepped forward and bowed to him out of mere formality. 

"Grandmaster Lan, last night I was patrolling the quarters when I ran into Lan Da Gongzi. He was acting weird as if he was looking for something. So my companion asked him about it. Lan Gongzi replied he was looking for his Niang Zi." Su She paused to gauge the reaction of the audience. Much to his delight, people gasped in surprise and disgust. 

"Later, when I reached the centre of the residential area, Wei Guniang came there and suddenly, both Wei Guniang and Lan Da Gongzi were..." He trailed off ambiguously. 

"Do not pass incomplete information." Lan Qiren reprimanded him. Su She was annoyed by this action of the former. 

"were...ki-kissing..." He finished reluctantly. 

Lan Qiren had come back to the Cloud Recesses not long ago, but he was already overwhelmed with the number of complaints against his nephews, his niece-in-law and her brother. He called all the guest disciples and everyone who had complained to the Lan Shi. When he saw most of the guest disciples kneeling as well, he knew something huge had happened in his absence. He asked those who had not been complained against to get up, but they remained in their places, confirming his suspicions. 

Su She had complained most excessively and the revelation he made shook Lan Qiren as though he had been hit with a bolt of lightning. 

"Xichen, is this true?" Lan Qiren was stunned.

"Yes, Shufu." Lan Xichen answered with his head hung low. 

"Xichen! How could you!" 

"Why is Grandmaster Lan only blaming Zewu Jun? Couldn't it be the fault of that girl surnamed Wei?" Someone whispered annoyedly in the background, but their voice rang louder than expected against the silence draping the room.