History

3,000 years during the Holy War, Merlin was scavenging the Fairy King's Forest for material she could research. New magic, anything that would keep her mind off the fights and battles breaking out all across Britannia. The demons had been gaining excessively large numbers lately and she had no interest in fighting the fights that Meliodas and Elizabeth fought. Though she was a talented mage and could provide lots to her friends' side she would rather research foreign powers in the Fairy King's Forest.

Merlin had scoured the forest from top to bottom. Each time she found only the things she already knew, bountiful fairy magic. Today she was searching the southern border and discovered a charred and burnt up forest. She felt a different kind of magic in the air, one that was more sinister than fairy magic. It suffocated Merlin, but for the sake of research and discovery she walked on. The sensation became stronger the farther she went, but eventually found a spot where the magic was concentrated enough and took a sample. She left the forest hurriedly not wanting to feel that sense of suffocation again.

When she got back to the Fairy King's Forest, the captain was waiting for her.

"Where were you?" Meliodas asked.

"Discovering." Merlin responded. The captain nodded and Merlin left for her research building. She had found this sample on the ground. It was fairy magic yet it was so different. Merlin had performed as many experiments as she could, but could not discover the source of the difference. She wanted to ask one of the Fairies, but they seemed skittish of such magic. She had to figure out the source. She had made it her mission the instant she felt such terrible magic. She wished she could ask a Fairy but none of them seemed interested when she showed them minutes before. The magic was funny, it possessed all of the traits of regular Fairy magic yet was imbedded with something dark and evil. Some Fairies had spread rumors of people called Fae, but she had not understood such a term. It appeared Fae was the term for a dark or corrupted Fairy. The singular was Fae and the plural was Faez. Though the term Fae was new, Merlin was certain it was not supposed to be known.

Over the years she learned of a band of Fairies known as Fae and the legend of the Faes. It was once said that a ruthless Fairy born of darkness ruled over the Dark Forest or Dark Realm. His name was Kairos, and he was unlike any other Fairy. He was ambitious, slightly crazy and insane, but ultimately was not lazy like the regular Fairies. He created the Dark Tree as the Sacred Tree's opposite and created the Fae Clan, a clan of dark Fairies bent on world domination. All Fae would have the same powers as Fairies, but would have other powers, hypnosis, influence, and control over plants. Kairos made Spirit Spear Polaris. This spear was passed down from Fae King to Fae King, it was exactly like the Sacred Tree's spears, but held the dark power of the Fae. Merlin knew this secret must be kept secret and the Dark Realm hidden. It was so far down south she hoped nobody would dare search there.

After Melodias' group moved out of the Fairy King's Forest Merlin wondered if the Dark Tree caused that suffocating magical power to erupt from the ground. She would never get this question answered until a few thousand years later.

About 15 years ago the Supreme Deity and Demon King plotted against the Seven Deadly Sins, a group of powerful knights believed to have committed crimes against the kingdom of Liones. The Seven Deadly Sins consisted of Dragon sin of Wrath: Meliodas, Snake sin of Envy: Diane, Grizzly sin of Sloth: Harlequin, Goat sin of Lust: Gowther, Boar sin of Gluttony: Merlin, Fox sin of Greed: Ban, Deceased Lion sin of Pride: Escanor. After proving their innocence and their worthiness they were allowed to go about their business as they pleased. Harlequin and Diane moved back to the Fairy King's Forest with their clans and have been improving the status of the forest. This book follows the adventures of Fairy King Harlequin and his children as they unveil the secrets of the Dark Realm.