Chapter 2

After reading this Harlequin found an irresistible urge to go find what this person had found some years before him. He wanted to ask Gerheade, but he knew Gerheade would likely have no answers for him and give him a worthless task. He instead found Merikk, another loyal Fairy. Merikk explained everything that Gerheade would've said and it made Harlequin wonder about which things were actually true. He thanked Merikk and went on his way.

He meant to find Harlow, but instead he found Sorrel and Liana. They were down by the Fairy's Lake and were playing with Lancelot and Tristan. They were running around the beach and making sand castles to play Knights. He watched as Liana summoned her own Spirit Spear and launched it at Tristan. He had his father's Sacred Treasure and he blocked it.

"Liana, that was really aggressive." Sorrel said.

"We're playing knights." Liana argued.

"Still those spears are sharp and can cause damage." Lucien Draco reminded her. Liana sighed and used condensed water as a weapon instead. They got along fine, but Liana had been acting off lately and was pushing the limits a bit too far. Liana's Spirit Spear was Spirit Spear Kaziel. Sorrel had Spirit Spear Aziel. They appeared to be having fun despite the mishap from Liana earlier. Harlequin smiled at his two children. He hoped they could grow up and have the same fortunate fate as their parents. Diane was watching them from the lemon shaped shade of an umbrella and laughing as they kicked up sand. He got up and flew to the southern border where things where the magic source was found.

Just before he entered the charred wasteland Gerheade found him.

"What is it?" Harlequin asked.

"The western scouts have spotted troops." Gerheade informed him.

"I will check it out." Harlequin promised. He flew off in the direction of the western border momentarily forgetting about the diary. The western border was nearly completely surrounded by either Edinburgh or Camelot soldiers. He landed and tried to make his wings as discreet as possible.

"What can I do for you?" Harlequin asked.

"Is this the Fairy King's Forest?" The lead man asked.

"Why do you need to know such information?" Harlequin asked.

"One of our comrade's fell ill. We believe his cure lies within this forest." The lead man said. Harlequin offered to retrieve the herb for them. They conversed among each other quickly before answering with a special root. Harlequin turned around and flew off and promptly returned with the herb. They were grateful and thanked him before turning around and heading on their merry way. Harlequin went to report to Gerheade who had heard word from a Fairy who had watched.

"You are a most talented Fairy King." Gerheade commended.

"I am simply trying to protect my people." Harlequin responded.

"Gloxinia had a similar ruling method." Gerheade commented. Harlequin's eyes widened in shock.

"Gloxinia was one of the best Fairy Kings. Second to you of course." Gerheade added.

"Gloxinia was a dear friend of mine." Harlequin added.

"He would be pleased with your work and efforts." Gerheade agreed. King was getting ready to leave when Gerheade stopped him again.

"Merikk wanted to see you. He's in the Fairy Realm." Gerhade said.

"I'll go see him." Harlequin said. He left once again and this time for the Sacred Tree.

When he exited he saw Merikk sitting on one of the branches of the Sacred Tree in the Fairy Realm.

"What did you want me for?" Harlequin asked.