Chapter 22

Meliodas summoned his Assault Mode which basically covered his whole body in darkness and made him a whole lot stronger. Meliodas' Assault Mode made him strong enough to rival Escanor's The One Mode.

"I don't want to fight you King." Meliodas said, giving Harlequin another chance for reasoning.

"Tonight, you will die here Meliodas." Harlequin seethed.

"Come on King. Come to your senses." Meliodas pleaded.

"I won't." Harlequin said. Meliodas shook his head and summoned his Sacred Treasure: Lostvayne. Harlequin summoned Demon Sword Polaris.

"Hellblaze!" Harlequin shouted.

"Full Counter!" Meliodas exclaimed. Harlequin dodged the attack and countered it with Revenge. Meliodas took the attack head on and was hurled forty feet into the air.

"Trillion Dark." Meliodas said.

"Hellblaze Arrow." Harlequin seethed. He had a murderous intent in his eyes and if he got the chance he would take a bite out of Meliodas' flesh. Harlequin disappeared and when he reappeared was right behind Meliodas and slashed down on him hard.

Meliodas was bleeding out and his blood was pooling on the ground. Asra needed to join the battle if Meliodas wanted a chance of winning, but she had no chance against Harlequin in his state.

"Are you okay?" Asra asked.

"Barely." Meliodas wheezed. Harlequin came down with a rain of Hellblaze arrows and Meliodas rolled to dodge.

"I wish I could help but I can't," Asra said.

"It's fine. Just make sure you live so you can find another person who can fight Harlequin." Meliodas said. Harlequin dove at Meliodas and nearly pierced his heart. Meliodas was only just able to dodge in time.

Asra started jumping up and down in anxiousness and instead of joining the fight like a decent person flew off to the Dark Realm. She knew Lupus was a very powerful Fae and would likely have the power and wisdom to stop this. She just had to hope she could find Lupus before Meliodas died his predetermined death. As she flew through the forest at impossible speeds she could feel the moon pulling her in one direction. She followed this invisible thread until she finally found what she and Harlequin were searching for: Wolf's Den. She hastily knocked on the door of the wood cottage and hoped Lupus was up or in the mood for a visitor.

Lupus answered the door and motioned Asra inside. He looked just as he did 15 million years ago, lightly tousled brown hair, teasing green eyes and a light smile on his lips.

"What brings you here Asra?" Lupus asked.

"Harlequin is attacking." Asra responded. Lupus' expression turned grave and he instantly knew actions must be taken.

"I can fight him, but turning him back will take the sunlight and a mental fight. Go get Gowther." Lupus ordered.

Asra nodded and flew off to Camelot. When she got to Camelot she stormed into Merlin's tower.

"May I help you?" Merlin asked.

"I need Gowther's help to save Harlequin." Asra responded.

"I'll get Gowther." Merlin said.

"We might need your help as well." Asra added quickly.

"All right." Merlin replied. She came back down the tower with Gowther in tow and they rushed off to fight Harlequin before it was too late to save him.

When they got back they found Harlequin pinning Meliodas to the ground. Blood trickled down from Harlequin's fangs. It looked like Meliodas was going to be finished for the worst and not for the better.