thirteen

TWEEK'S POV

another exasperated sigh left from my lips as i watched the projected screen of smash being displayed from a distance.

"it's unbelievable," wendy complained, "it's a homecoming dance — DANCE! not a fucking gaming tournament."

"you said he could play," bebe said raising her eyebrows at her best friend.

"i said stan could play ONE ROUND and he hasn't left that spot in the past hour," she scoffs.

my eyes widened at that, an hour?!

i would be dammed if craig wasted an hour playing a game that he could play any time at an important event like this.

"token's not playing for that long he knows better than that," nichole puts her two cents in confidently.

"we know that," heidi rolls her eyes, "unlike you — we have to pry our boyfriends off their games to even give us a glimpse of their attention."

"i think tweek also has his boyfriend wrapped around his finger too though," bebe says and i jump up at that.

"o-oh...um, i-i don't know," i say getting a little nervous.

i don't hang out with these girls often because all they do is gossip and bitch about each other TO EACH OTHER. i'll never forget them being so rude to red when i just moved here, they ended up forgiving her acting like it never happened but i can still feel the tension between red, wendy, and bebe. hence why red is hardly present these days with their antics.

"oh c'mon we won't judge. this is a no-judging-zone, right girls?" wendy asks and they all agree, "trouble in paradise?"

i really start to fidget now — my legs started bouncing under the table.

"n-no couple is p-perfect," i eventually spit out, "there w-will always be trouble in p-paradise."

"so true," annie agrees, "honestly though when i dated craig he was so self centered and such a fucking asshole—"

"pfft i remember that," bebe started to crack up along with everyone, excluding nichole.

i started to feel small and a bit of an outsider.

"god re...remember when he would blow me off to watch that stupid red racer tv show," annie continues to say as she's laughing like she's telling the funniest joke in the world.

i don't find it funny at all.

"LIKE WHO KNEW HE WAS SUCH A NERD! HE'S HOT BUT COME ON! THAT'S HOW I KNEW I NEEDED TO DUMP HIS ASS," she continues laughing hysterically.

i truly start to feel uncomfortable at those comments, not knowing what to say.

"but honestly if he weren't such a self centered nerd i would still be dating him," annie says wiping her tears as she calms down along with everyone else.

i turn my entire body diagonally to her at that comment, what the fuck?

"oh! tweek lighten up i'm just joking," annie says defensively.

sure she is.

"it's just...i know how much of a handle he is from experience i am surprised you guys are still together."

"he's good for m-me. we balance e-each other out," i say sternly and nichole grabs my hand squeezing it for comfort.

craig and i have our differences in certain things and we may have our fights once in a while, but there has not been anyone else in this world that has made me more confident in myself than he has. he believes in me, and that's part of the reason i fell in love with him.