thirty

TWEEK'S POV

after craig and i legitimately communicated this morning, i have been feeling better.

i have been smiling constantly throughout the day at anything and everything. for instance, kyle throwing cartman's hat in the trash after he was ripping on him for being a jew...couldn't help but smile.

i know why this is my mood even if i'm trying to still desperately deny it.

craig still makes my life less dull and...happier. something worth looking forward to, instead of a pit of nothingness. i can't believe i was trying to throw it all away...for chris.

it was mrs. nelson's class and craig and i were stealing glances the entire time leaving me a giggling mess.

it's almost like we went back in time to the first time we started dating.

then my mood partially deflated when mrs. nelson told us we can work in groups. i knew i would have to sit through watching craig and annie partner up for thirty minutes.

watching them together was like a wreck on the side of the road, i shouldn't look but i just...can't stop. i know it's jealousy i won't even deny it.

"woah dude," kenny muffles, "grip harder on that pencil and it'll snap."

"h-huh?" i ask and then look down at my hands realizing what he's saying. oh fuck.

kenny gently takes it out of my hand and puts it to the side of him, "you good?"

"n-no," i say frustrated, "sorry, i-i'm not being a g-good partner. i'm...d-distracted."

"i mean i can see that," kenny laughs, "you need a break?"

i just nod because i felt quite embarrassed that i was caught like that and not being a useful partner, but grateful that kenny understood.

i asked mrs. nelson to go to the restroom and i did just that.

i took my time walking to the bathroom even though it was literally thirty seconds away but i just wanted to use my time efficiently. the more time i spent in the "bathroom", the less time i had to see craig and annie.

i was squatting in the big stall with my back towards the door and just thought about craig and where it all went wrong before.

i truly believe that craig and i's communication wasn't the greatest, i always assumed he would know what i was thinking and when he didn't do just that i would get angry.

he's also not the best listener.....which i should just learn to be more patient with that and he needs to pull his weight too more.

we need to become 50/50 again and not 40/60.

but then i panicked suddenly, why am i thinking about this as if we're getting back together.

craig didn't explicitly say he wanted to get back together, he said he still cared about me...that could be friendly-talk!

maybe he's just not ready to date me...maybe he doesn't want to date me again.

who would?

"o-oh GAH!" i freak out grabbing my hair, "c-calm down, tweek...calm d-down....."

my phone pinged and i jumped at the sudden sound reaching for it, only for my mood to deflate even more.

chris: are you excited for tmw?

fuck, i completely forgot tomorrow is the day i'm "delivering" a package to north park just for an excuse to hang out with chris.

if i'm being honest....i'm not really looking forward to it anymore.

i used to get excited for chris' notifications and now all it brings is pure annoyance and agitation. i'm never eager to text him back.

i stared at the message for a good solid three minutes texting, deleting, and re-texting my response trying to make it seem like i'm excited to go.

i soon settled on an okay response.

me: not as excited as i am to see u!

cringing at my response as i hesitantly pressed sent.

i then decided sitting in this bathroom and freaking myself out wasn't good and i should just go back in the classroom.

as i opened the door i was come face-to-face with no one other than....

annie.

i was so shocked i couldn't even move, "...w-wha—"

"mrs. nelson told me to check on you," she says with that fake smile of hers she puts on, "you were in there for a long time."

"i-it's been like f-five minutes," i say, "i-i'm fine thanks." and with that i walked right past her not wanting to waste another minute speaking with that demon.

"are you though? you seemed...pretty agitated in class watching me and craig, like a freak!" she laughs and that made me stop and slowly turn around to face her again.

she's obviously trying to work you up...don't give her the satisfaction.

i took a deep breath, "a-agitated? more like p-pity for you for t-trying to s-snuggle up with my e-ex attempting d-desperately to get back w-with him...a rebound."

her eyebrows furrowed in frustration and her hands by her sides are balled into fists, "you are in no place to call me a rebound — look at you! you were a rebound for me."

"i-i'm not and you know i-it and i know that kills y-you," i say sternly looking at her directly in her eyes watching them falter for a second.

"in your dreams," she laughs it off walking towards me standing directly to my side for her to whisper, "by the way, dinner at his house was amazing. craig was sweet and my future in laws all said how much they adore me for their craig....way more suited than his last boy toy."

my breath hitches, i know i shouldn't believe it because it's coming from annie but his parents would take a jab at me like that, especially thomas.

"cat got your tongue?" she says, "craig got mine too...on the night you broke up with him too in fact. you should talk to him about it since i saw you two getting close again."

my brain became fuzzy after that, like TV static.

what?

"d-don't fuck with m-me," i warn.

"wouldn't dream of it...freak," she laughs and walks in the direction to class, "hurry it up god you're holding the class up."

and with that she opened the door to the classroom and i was there standing in the empty hallway.