thirty one

TWEEK'S POV

the rest of the day was a blur.

i didn't want to cause a scene or make a commotion because i just felt....defeated and tired.

annie was smug the entire day, making these horrid faces at me and i hated that she got the better of me.

she's just a bitch.

i knew i can't be completely mad at craig even though i still was a teeny bit peeved.

we were broken up. i went to chris and i guess he went to annie. i still don't even know his side of the story. so blowing up in his face would literally accomplish nothing.

...after thinking through all my possibilities with nichole at lunch.

it was the end of the day and it was friday so i was getting all my books from my locker, i usually hate it because the books are just so heavy and they feel like bricks in my backpack.

"need a hand?" a familiar voice said and i tried to keep all of my fluttery emotions dormant.

"no f-football today?" i ask

"coach is giving us the weekend off," he answers leaning against the locker beside mine.

"i-i have work right a-after school..." i try to warn.

"your schedule is still glued to the back of my brain, i know."

"t-thanks but n-no thanks," i said calmly looking at him, he looked unconvinced so i quickly added, "trying to b-build up muscle."

which...probably made that even more unconvincing.

"sure. we're not together anymore so i'm not obligated to say it again—"

"oh g-god, craig. i a-already know what y-you're gonna say. i do know w-when to ask for h-help. i'm honestly o-okay," i say, lying.

craig just stands nothing, knowing i'm lying and just watches me.

the more time went by, the more i knew that he is seeing right through me. i needed to just swallow my pride. and so i do, by silently handing him some of my books.

he takes them wordlessly with his signature pretty boy smile that makes my legs grow weak.

i try to suppress my smile which fails miserably and his smile grew wider while watching my own.

"you haven't changed," he says while we walk side by side out the school.

"i-it's been a week," i laugh.

"felt like a century though," he says and im that made me look at him just for him to be already looking at me.

we both knew that it was true.

being apart from each other was truly the most long and agonizing experience that felt like forever.

"i-it's weird because it a-also doesn't feel like i-it was t-that long a-ago either," i say sincerely, "this t-time is just w-weird."

"weird indeed," craig agreed, "not as weird as you though."

i shoulder bumped him at that comment but couldn't help but laugh.

this is what i've missed and have been longing for. the comments that make me laugh while simultaneously making me a fluttery mess, the good feeling that comes with it.

the good feeling that comes with being with him.

i looked at him wordlessly as we walked in comfortable silence and it made me sad because with this feeling that i'm missing, there's still work to be done that we both know needs to take place for us to be in a good place romantically again.

that "good feeling" could only last for so long until our problems that we don't address to re-surface and we are right back to square one.

i don't want that, i'm sure he doesn't want that as well.

"i know what you're thinking," craig says still staring ahead, "i'm thinking it too."

i look away for a second trying to find the best thing to add to that, "c-craig—"

"and i just want you to know that it's fine," he says, "you and i both know there are things we need to discuss....things that need to be brought to light. it doesn't have to happen right now though, in fact, it shouldn't."

i'm honestly so perplexed by this side of craig that i truly don't have anything to add to his statement, so i just continue to stay silent until he finishes.

we both reached the destination of my job and circled around so he came face-to-face with me continuing to talk passionately and sitting my books down on the table outside, "it should be in a setting where we can both sit and talk for hours and hours on end. not while you're having to go to work or...go away this weekend....but just know that it's okay. we're on the same page."

i wanted to burst into tears, i truly didn't know what to say.

craig has grown so much just in this past week, i don't know if i can say the same for myself.

if anything, i'm slowly making progress. slowly but surely.

i also wanted to just yell that i don't even want to go this weekend, i would rather stay and have that hour on end conversation.

"c-craig i—" i'm cut off by my own phone ringing to for the contact of chris appearing.

oh you've got to be kidding me.

craig just laughed and took it like a champ, "i guess that's my cue. i'll see you soon."

"s-soon?" i turn around confused as he just walked off.

"soon!" he yelled at me smiling and then took off running.

what the fuck does that mean? maybe he meant soon as in sunday because i'm only staying on saturday.

"was that craig?" my dad asks as he opens the door watching him run off.

"y-yeah," i say.

"have missed that guy," he says a little sad, "i've always liked him."

i looked at him, "y-you have?"

he nods grabbing my books craig left on the table and opened the door to walk back inside, "he's always brought out the best in you."

i genuinely smiled at that, because it's true.

maybe not all the time, sometimes he made me want to put him in the octagon so we can have a UFC match.

but most of the time, yes.

then my phone stared vibrating with a text message from chris. and i wanted to break my phone at that point but that made me realize that i had to ask my dad for the delivery truck tomorrow.

"d-dad can i b-borrow the truck tomorrow?"

"for what?" he asked.

"delivery at north p-park."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello...again.

another update because i felt like it.

this chapter is probably my favorite that i've written so far. it shows the progress that tweek and craig have made in such little time and how much they've grown individually.

they both know jumping back into a relationship is NOT GOOD and won't do anything to their relationship but jeopardize it.

but yea

NEXT CHAP IS GNA BE CRAZYYYYY

hope you're excited for it as much as i am.

-brooke