twenty two

CRAIG'S POV

"i can't believe the first time i'm hearing that you and tweek broke up is in the form of a plan," nichole says in disbelief, also questioning her existence in that matter.

we were all on discord, catching nichole up on everything regarding the break up and also tweek going on a date with clyde's relative.

"so, you didn't see tweek's story nor have spoken to tweek at all this weekend? girl where have you been?" red asks.

"sick! i didn't talk to anyone, i barely spoke to token. let alone check social media i swear whenever i don't check it the world ends," nichole justifies and token nods in agreement.

i twiddle my fingers nervously, "so you really haven't spoken to him?"

"no but god now i feel bad because i should have been there for him," nichole sighs looking a little guilty, "i need to talk to him immediately."

"wait! we can't just rush into things! we have to approach this carefully," red warns, "the last thing we want to do is bombard him with this shit."

"okay so what do we do then?" nichole questions.

"you need to do the basics: ask him how he's been that will eventually lead him into the breakup. don't bring up chris right now unless he initiates it."

"but what if he doesn't," i intervene, "if he doesn't then that will get us nowhere and frankly that's the most important thing we need to talk to him about."

"i agree with craig on this one," nichole says, "i feel like we need to handle this chris situation as quickly as possible because i have such a bad feeling about this."

"well you two are the closest to him so if you feel like you need to pry it out then go for it," red says, "just do it carefully."

"of course. i'm gonna text him asking if he wants to talk tonight," nichole says.

"he works today so it probably won't be until late if he does answer," i comment matter-of-factly.

yes, i still have his schedule memorized and glued to the back of my brain.

"well fingers crossed i guess," token says and we all agree.

i still couldn't help but feel nervous about....well all of this.

"it's gonna be okay craig," red says,  noticing my anxiousness, "this is all gonna work out. it has to."

"well what if it doesn't," i say agitatedly, "what if this all goes to shit and i lose him for good."

there was a silence that came upon us and it made me even more on edge.

"you and tweek belong together," nichole says, "i know it. i told tweek even before homecoming when we were all in a limo that the love that you two have is rare and so beautiful to see."

my breath hitches at that and my eyes grow wide, rare?

is it?

maybe i have never thought of it that way because it's from my perspective but to hear it from a third party made me....relieved.

maybe this isn't over, and maybe there is something worth fighting for.

"this is just a bump in the road," nichole says, "your hearts will find each other again."

"thanks nichole," i say beginning to calm down and trying to come to my senses.

this is a bump in the road.

our hearts will find each other again.

i will have tweek as my boyfriend again no matter what shit i will have to endure to get that.