thirty six

CRAIG'S POV

"...you ready?" tolkien asks looking at me as i stared at the door.

"no," i say truthfully.

i wanted to be ready, but am i ready to face my ex-friend who's tormented me and drove a wedge between me and my ex boyfriend and possibly close this chapter of my life forever? of course not.

"it's now or never," tolkien says, "if it makes you feel any better — i'll knock."

"no," i cut him off and swallow my insecurities, "i'm doing it."

and so i do, i knock 3 times.

thirty seconds go by and....nothing.

"maybe he's upstairs, try ringing the doorbell," tolkien suggests and so i do.

another thirty seconds go by and absolutely nothing.

"he's not answering?!" red asks from where she, tweek, and nichole were standing.

"no!" i answer frustratedly. but should i be surprised? why on earth would he want to speak to us after that.

tolkien just sighs, "it's not like we can fucking break in his house and beg him to let us talk to him."

i rub the back of my neck trying to think off all of our options and nothing seemed to click, "i know i just...there's gotta be a way to talk to him."

a few minutes later after pondering of what we should do, we hear the back gate open slowly revealing fucking chris standing there with a terrified expression on his face, "you guys are still here?!"

"well obviously," i say rolling my eyes — but then i suddenly got the best and most practical idea to come, "we...need to get inside and talk to clyde."

chris' face morphs into pure confusion, "why?"

"because i want to touch base with him and to talk out all that was spilled just a few minutes ago. it's important," i say sounding a little desperate but i don't care at this point.

chris crosses his arm, "and why would i let you two in my house you guys are the rudest motherfuckers i've ever come across! and you stole the love of my life from me!"

"i did not—" i say getting fired up but tolkien cuts me off putting his hand on my chest to stand in front of me, "we're sorry."

i look at him as if he's lost his mind — we're sorry?!

chris looks at him but his eyes seem to widen a little as if he wasn't expecting that kind of response, "you're...sorry?"

"yeah. we're both sorry for all the trouble we've caused today. we just wanted our friend back," tolkien explains in a calm manner.

he's better than me, i was ready to drop kick him.

chris thinks for a second and then says, "apology accepted."

i just had to keep my mouth shut at this point because i was on the verge of messing this whole thing up, this guy is an actual loser.

"so...can you let us in your house so we can properly discuss things with clyde?" tolkien pleads.

"yeah," chris says stepping in front of us unlocking the door to let us inside, "but be quick...you know how clyde is and no one is supposed to be here when my dad isn't here...and he comes back in like 15 minutes or so."

"oh fuck well thanks we won't be too long," tolkien says and we both rush in the house.

"his room is the first door on the right upstairs," chris says and that's where we headed.