twenty one

CRAIG'S POV

my feet felt cemented to the ground as kids shoved past me to get to their classes.

the entire world around me was out of sight as i had tunnel vision on my ex-boyfriend who was at his locker smiling ear-to-ear.

what is there to be smiling about at 8 in the morning?

......probably that chris boy.

i start to get cold feet and want to just bolt to my class until red stands in my way, "he's right there, go!"

"i can't," i say pleading with desperate eyes, hoping she'll take the hint that i am just not up for this.

"you can, you're just scared," she says standing with her hands on her hips and token adds, "don't be a baby."

"i have a good reason to be fucking terrified," i say looking back at him. he's still smiling while getting his books out of his locker, "i don't want to ruin his mood—"

i'm shoved by red towards his direction and i nearly fall over from that great and unexpected force, "JESUS CHRIST!"

"GO!" she says and token gestures a "shoo" with his hands towards tweek.

i take a deep breath, what's the worst that can happen?

i make my way on the uphill battle to his locker and he spots me before i could even make it and i freeze like a deer in headlights.

he pauses, narrows his eyes at me, closes his locker, and walks in the opposite direction.

"TWEEK WAIT," i say running towards him.

"i-i don't have time for t-this i need to g-go to class," he says quickly looking straight ahead and walking so fast like his life depended on getting away from me.

"class is that way," i say pointing my head in the opposite direction.

he stops in his tracks to think for a second and then turns around, "s-see you're already m-messing me up."

"i'm not doing anything i just want to talk to you to tell you something important," i say attempting to not run into anything as my focus is solely on tweek.

"y-yeah well i don't care. you c-can save whatever y-you have to say t-to me. i'm d-done with you," he says and that....that hurts.

i take a deep breath, trying not to take it to heart. he doesn't mean it.

"you don't mean that," i say gently grabbing his arm as we make it outside of the classroom stopping him from entering.

he finally looks at me with those hard and cold green eyes, "i-i do."

and with that, he enters the classroom as people behind him stared at me entering as well.

i can't even have a conversation with him without feeling utterly defeated anymore.

i also can't have a conversation without feeling like my heart was wrung out.

i felt a tap on my shoulder turning to see no one other than eric cartman, "dude i saw that whole thing, life's a bitch ain't it?"

i remove his hand from my shoulder, "yeah. it's a bitch."

*later at lunch*

"i can't get a word in guys, there's no point in telling him," i say looking at my sad and ugly school cafeteria hamburger.

"you can't just not tell him. he deserves to know," red says and token nods in agreement.

"yeah well he obviously doesn't want to talk to me so," i say bitterly out of frustration, "he hates me."