three

TWEEK'S POV

it was another saturday morning at the coffee shop, it wasn't as busy as it is during the weekdays since people usually aren't getting their coffee before work but it wasn't slow either.

all sorts of people were coming in one after the other wanting their cup of morning joe and i couldn't even stop to take a breather since it was literally only me.

after craig got fired, they offered him another job at the coffee shop but he respectfully declined explaining how he wants to focus on football.

my parents respected it, probably more quicker than i did at least.

it's not that i don't want craig to play football because i want him to do what he wants, but they treated him so horribly with that godawful nickname that still roams around to this day.

not only that but most football players are very homophonic and i even told him that! only for him to say sadly, "it's not going to be any different than what i deal on the daily by my own parents."

which broke my heart into pieces, he reassures me that he's okay and he genuinely wants this but i just...can't believe him.

the passion that he had for football in middle school just isn't there anymore, i feel like he is personally trying to prove to others that he is still him despite his sexuality.

i just wish he didn't have to prove himself to anyone.

long story short, craig never came back and my parents tried finding someone else to fill in his position and i forbid them from doing that.

that is his spot, whether he is here or not.

so i shouldn't be complaining that i'm constantly taking these orders one after the other without catching my breath right?

"i asked for decaf," a scruffy man skips literally everyone in line, "i can taste the caffeine i just know if i take another sip im going to die. fix this."

"uh hello? he was taking my order," a middle aged woman challenges him.

"god you can wait i have places to be and i'm not going anywhere without my decaf cup of coffee," scruffy man fires back.

"you're the one who can wait! wait in the back of the damn line!"

"no he messed up my goddamn order!"

"u-uh i c-can fix your o-order, sir," i finally speak up for myself after working myself up to do it.

"thank you," he says eyeing the lady who only says, "you were in the middle of taking my order!"

i immediately panic,"i-i'm sorry! l-let me finish y-your order—"

"I HAVE PLACES TO BE!" scufffy man interrupts me.

everyone in the line then starts to complain to me all at once.

saying how slow i am and incompetent i am.

and oh god i feel it, my heart starting to race and my hands beginning to shake and feel clammy.

starting to not hear actual words but just the fuzziness in the air.

my eyesight is starting to become blurry and my breathing starts to rapidly increase.

i have to get out of here, i need to get out of here.

"j-just one moment, p-please," i try to excuse myself.

"now where the fuck do you think you're going, kid?! where is your manager—"