ten

CRAIG'S POV

i stared in disbelief at the home screen on my phone after tweek hung up in my face and groaned in frustration.

i didn't think this night could possibly get any worse and yet it does, now i'm going to have to fix this.

i absolutely despise going to sleep without fixing a conflict that tweek and i have, i can't sleep even if i tried too i just end up feeling guilty.

plus tomorrow is the homecoming dance and i would absolutely hate to be on the wrong foot with him when it's supposed to be a fun day out.

i sigh, maybe i was being a little out of pocket. i was just on edge after that car ride with my parents and ended up crying afterwards, only to be humiliated for that.

they say you should feel better after a good cry and that has never been the truth for me, i hope to one day experience that sense of relief.

i try to call tweek back only to be answered his voicemail, which shouldn't be surprising since he made it clear he didn't want to talk on the phone until tomorrow.

i think for a second to try to come up with some way to get ahold of him and the only solution that would actually work that came to mind was to hightail it across the street to his residence.

i look over at my digital clock besides my bed which read 11:47 p.m., i should have figured it was that late considering on how pitch black it was outside.

"i'm really about to do this," i say grabbing my jacket and putting on my boots and of course, my hat.

i am really about to walk across the street to tweek's house at almost midnight to put this behind both of us and to get a good night rest.

as i creep down the stairs, careful not to wake the family up i come face-to-face to the alarm system that was just waiting to go off when i opened the door.

after sneaking out to tweek's house over the months, i have become quite skilled at making sure it doesn't go off when i open the door. i put in the alarm code to let the system know i am opening the door and it's a success — it doesn't go off.

i close the door and immediately am hit with that ugly colorado weather i know too well, "jesus fucking christ i hate this town."

i hightail it across the street and it's almost comical how convenient it is to live across the street from my significant other, if he lived even a block away i would've had a rough time.

the tweak residence stands in front of me with the lights all completely off, no surprise there — they all have coffee crashes and knock out around 10, tweek has become more of a night owl the more time he has spent with me but he's still a early night sleeper at heart sometimes.

i walk around to his window and see that his lights are off but there's still an illumination in his room, probably from our laptop that he has this weekend. i let him borrow it from time to time because he doesn't have one, but sometimes he forgets to return it.

i roll my eyes, not wanting to bring that up to stir up something else. i grab a light rock and chuck it at his window.

i wait a little bit, no response.

"you're fucking kidding," i say under my breath, "i know you're awake."

i grab another rock and chuck it at his window, no response.

"TWEEK," i whisper-scream and chuck another rock at his window.

i guess third-times a charm is true because he opens his window with rage, "WHAT ARE Y-YOU DOING?! Y-YOU COULD HAVE B-BROKEN MY WINDOW!"

"they're light rocks, tweek jesus," i say, "i've...come to apologize."

he stares at me for a brief moment, "there's n-nothing to a-apologize for."

"clearly there is because you hung up in my face," i tell him, "you know i hate going to bed when there's irritation between us. i came to resolve it."

tweek just rubs his forehead, "i-i know, i-i should've kept that in m-mind."

"it's fine," i say putting my hands in my pockets because they were freezing, "look i had a rough night, i....was crying before i called you. i didn't want you to know because i got shit from my dad for doing it and you know how he gets in my head—"

"y-you don't have to t-talk about it if you d-don't want to, craig."

"i want to," i assure him, "i played my very best for him. especially this game — god i was so happy until i missed that stupid field goal."

tweek looks at me with sympathetic eyes, "y-you we're just n-nervous, that h-happens to everyone. don't l-let that stupid f-field goal define w-who you are as p-player."

my heart skips a beat at that and i look at tweek with so much admiration that it overwhelms me.

i get reminded at truly how much love i have for this blonde spaz who drinks so much coffee.

the tears start to form again.

"o-oh gosh craig d-don't— wait a s-second," he says closing his window and scurries off.

i couldn't help but let the tears fall anyway, it felt like forever until i hear the door open and see tweek outside in his pajamas with a big jacket covering him and he runs into my arms.

"h-hey don't cry," he comforts.

"i can't help it shut up," i say and he laughs while hugging me.

"i don't deserve you," i say between sniffles.

"d-don't say that," he says seriously, "you d-don't get to say that. y-you deserve t-the world a-and beyond."

"but do i?" i question looking at him, "my dad doesn't think so. everything i do is wrong to him. i can't breathe without him going on a tangent about what a fucking failure i am because 'i turned gay'."

"y-your dad is a f-fucking miserable freak," tweek says and it catches me off guard, looking at him with wide eyes.

"s-sorry," he apologizes noticing my reaction, "he's j-just—"

"n-no you're right it's just—woah," i say chuckling, "who are you and what did you do with my boyfriend?"

he playfully hits me at that comment, "s-shut up. seriously your d-dad will come a-around and realize just h-how hurtful he is. a-and he'll regret it. t-trust me."

"maybe," i say looking up at the sky for a split second, it's a clear sky and you could literally see the stars. i know i shit on colorado but the sky is one thing i wouldn't trade for a thing.

tweek also takes a look at the sky and then back at me, "i'm g-glad we had t-this talk."

i look at him with the same admiration that took over me a few minutes ago, "me too....tweek i love you."

"i l-love you too," he says without hesitation.

"i truly do love you. thank y-you for being by my side even if i'm being the biggest asshole," i say truthfully and he laughs.

"y-you could be the b-biggest asshole in the w-world and i'm not moving a-an inch," he says leaning into me puckering his lips and i take the hint putting his lips on mine.

we took in each other's presence and in that moment, i truly believed him.

not that i'm going to purposely be an asshole...even if it's my speciality...but i believed that he's not moving an inch.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

:')

-brooke