Part 01

Just a quick note!

I just found this fanfiction I wrote back in 2016. It was during a big transition of my life so this basically served as my coping mechanism that time. It's 2021 (2022!) and found this again in one of my old usb so I thought id share this.

Warning: SUPER slowpaced and REALLY long story ...nevertheless, hope you'll like it. :)))

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"There's a place in the moon that's called Sea of Tranquility."

"...what does that word mean, tranquility?"

"Well, it means serenity and peace. Makes you want to visit, right?"

"...only if it's real."

.

.

.

"Mayuzumi Chihiro?" Hearing his name being called at the rooftop, the place he frequented alone most of the time, wasn't new.

It all started few days after the opening ceremony, which also seemed the first time he heard his full name being pronounced every single day since entering high school.

The third year student couldn't figure out as to how in the world it was known when he never remembered giving it once.

As far as he was concerned, an introduction between that person and his self never occurred.

"The rooftop is off-limits for students." The female stranger liked to follow his name with these words, delivered in an unchangeable tone, though soft, almost gentle that he couldn't seem to treat seriously.

Why are you here if it's off limits? He wondered.

Mayuzumi sighed inwardly.

Never mind, perhaps she would leave the area if he chose to ignore her remark just like the previous and other days.

Or so he thought...

After some minutes of silence from the other person, Mayuzumi peeked from the corner of his book, only to be greeted by a blink of a coal-black pair of eyes—as if it was a camera lens that suddenly took a snapshot.

The girl hadn't left.

Half of his face came visible to her end.

The girl stared at the third year while crouching exactly to his front, probably only a meter away.

That gaze was too much, Mayuzumi thought.

Since when did she become his casual guest in this area? No, she wasn't a guest. They were both intruders. Though this consecutive exploit of her was really becoming annoying.

Mayuzumi was still able to hide his displeasure with a poker face—well, except that short and small frown showing once a while. Somehow, it was a good thing that his face was so used to putting up a dispassionate look.

The third year, for the umpteenth time, didn't bother to speak nor react.

The bob-haired girl crinkled the skin between her eyebrows at the usual silent treatment.

Few seconds like this, Mayuzumi was the first to break their staring contest, putting his attention back to his book—or was what he wanted— but the way she stared so intently made him uncomfortable.